Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with (private) religious discrimination/prejudice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't we just throw Ben to the lions and sell tickets? The proceeds would keep 'Poly going for years.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Send him to India. There are plenty of people who would kill him for his religion there.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• There are plenty of people who would kill him for his alleged religeon here.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Check out what's going on in Africa - Christians are still branding women as witches and killing them. But you're missing the point - it would stand even if this were not happening.
          ORLY?

Are these the same Christians who get their houses burnt by Hindus? You know, remind me to thank you folks for that, btw. Peaceful religion, my ***.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• There are plenty of people who would kill him for his alleged religeon here.
            'alleged'? What, you don't believe I'm Catholic?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• We do, you just don't seem like a very good one.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Define, 'Good Catholic'.

Comment

• Nah, I don't debate with the performance art (to borrow a phrase).
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Well that's terribly useful.

Forgive me for asking. I was genuinely curious.

Comment

• Sorry to disappoint you Ben. We'll both get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        ORLY?

Are these the same Christians who get their houses burnt by Hindus? You know, remind me to thank you folks for that, btw. Peaceful religion, my ***.

No, because those Hindus live in India, not Africa. And I'm not one of "you folks" any longer - I'm not one of any "folks" any longer.

Comment

Define, 'Good Catholic'.
                          Born and raised!
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

MikeH hasn't posted a link in this thread.

Debate is more like.

MikeH: Here's the text.
                            Ben: Your text says X.
                            Mike: Wtf? That's really bad they permit discrimination.
                            Ben: That's a wrap.
                            Mike: searches some more, this can't be right.
                            Ben: Looks like it is
                            Mike: ahh, all the states have their own laws but I can't be arsed to prove it. I win
                            Ben: lol I don't think so.
                            Mike: I have a secret legal site that tells me so.
                            Ben: Link plz?
                            My point was that it is easy enough for you to prove it for yourself. Something isn't only true if someone can post a link about it on Apolyton, nor does posting a link here make it true.

eg. California:

It prohibits employment discrimination based on race or color; religion; national origin or ancestry, physical disability; mental disability or medical condition; marital status; sex or sexual orientation; age, with respect to persons over the age of 40; and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.

Texas:

Sec. 21.051.  DISCRIMINATION BY EMPLOYER.  An employer commits an unlawful employment practice if because of race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin, or age the employer:

(1)Â Â fails or refuses to hire an individual, discharges an individual, or discriminates in any other manner against an individual in connection with compensation or the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment; or
                            Section 21.051 from here: http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/la.toc.htm

New York State:

§ 291. Equality of opportunity a civil right. 1. The opportunity to
                            obtain employment without discrimination because of age, race, creed,
                            color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex or
                            marital status is hereby recognized as and declared to be a civil right.
                            etc. etc. etc.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Obviously the reason I chose those 3 states is they have the biggest populations, so that covers 1/4 of the population.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Why bother to argue with somebody so ****ing retarded that he wasn't aware of the illegality of private employer religious discrimination in the US?
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X