Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will it be acceptable for pedophiles to get out of the closet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    (A) Minors can't consent

(B) Minors are sexually not developed

I don't think anything more needs to be said. In an anarchic situation, it would still be wrong because of point (B). A man liking another man is one sexually developed human liking another sexually developed human. A human wanting to have sex with a non-sexually developed human is one of the clear signs that humans can be ****ed up.

JM

What about eunuchs?
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

What about eunuchs?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They are neither minors nor sexually developed. In their case, should we judge by age or by sexual development? Not that I plan to have sex with one, I'm just being curious
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

If there was someone who was 30 and not sexually developed, it would still be ****ed up to want to have sex with them.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Defining normality. Outside of a social system, see (B).

JM
            Your definition is completely arbitrary, not to mention false.

A) In our social system there is plenty of sex that is consensual but not considered normal. Homosexuality used to be in this category (and still is in some demographics). When discussing how society ought to be, you can't really bring up such transient social norms as hard arguments.

B) 'outside of a social system', why is sex with developed same-sex partners (which cannot result in procreation, the main biological function of sex) any more normal than sex with undeveloped partners, or trees?

Comment

We allow 'non-normal' sex when it is between consenting people.

BDSM, homosexuality, and possibly many other examples exist.

That is why (A) is so important.

Not arbitrary or false.

BDSM is not normal, beastality is not normal, pedophilia is not normal, homosexuality is (arguably) not normal.

Two of those in their practice fundamentally involve lack of consent. One of those involve lack of consent of a human, and the harm of a human who can't give consent to be harmed.

Of all human inclinations, including all the non-normal ones, pedophilia is the one of the worst. Arguably it does the most harm in our society.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Homosexuals defense of homosexualities normality is that it is attraction to sexually mature humans.

Pedophiles don't have that defense.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

We allow 'non-normal' sex when it is between consenting people.
                  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for rejecting this ridiculous equivalence between consent and normality.

Therefore, why is homosexuality normal?

Comment

Homosexuals defense of homosexualities normality is that it is attraction to sexually mature humans.
                    Why is that the standard? Why is it normal to be attracted to a sexually mature same-sex partner versus any other thing you can **** but not reproduce with?

Comment

Why should abnormality influence our norms?

edit: if you make an etymological argument I will stab you

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        Why is that the standard? Why is it normal to be attracted to a sexually mature same-sex partner versus any other thing you can **** but not reproduce with?
                        I don't think it is normal. It is a misfire of something.

However, it doesn't cause harm, and can take place between consenting adults.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Not arbitrary or false.
                          As you've said so succinctly yourself, development has nothing to do with age, and yet consent is restricted on age.

Kuci has some excellent points here. I'm curious how the folks who support homosexuality get their way out of them.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't think it is normal. It is a misfire of something.

However, it doesn't cause harm, and can take place between consenting adults.

JM
                            !!!!!

Finally. Thank you for accepting that homosexuality is not, in fact, normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                              Why should abnormality influence our norms?

edit: if you make an etymological argument I will stab you
                              What we allow in society is based on what is normal, and we allow people do deviate from what is normal based on consent/causing harm.

Any practicing pedophile is
                              1. causing harm to a defenseless human
                              2. forcing a human

Any practicing bestiality person is
                              1. causing harm to a defenseless animal
                              2. forcing an animal

I care a lot less about animals.

Finally, we determine a difference bewteen mental and physical causes. As well as numbers of the people who deviate from norm.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I believe we can accept that pedophiles are not intrinsically evil people. Therefore, without evidence that they are universally dangerous, we shouldn't repress and ostracize them. It should be acceptable for pedophiles to come out (especially to seek treatment) without having their lives destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X