Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will it be acceptable for pedophiles to get out of the closet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will it be acceptable for pedophiles to get out of the closet?

..or whatever their place of hiding is called.
    What will happen to a pedophile right now, one who hasn't ever molested an actual child, if he tells people around him that yes, he is sexually aroused by immature humans? How far on the actual acceptance line are we? For gays we here have moved past imprisonment and psychiatric treatment to beating up and shunning/avoidance. But what will society do to an outspoken pedophile who has not commited any acts of sexual violence, because he keeps his inhibitions in check by watching loli hentai (not even real CP)? Will he be imprisoned, will he be chemically castrated or treated with psychoactive drugs, will the neighbours set fire to his house (and will they be arrested and imprisoned for that?), or will he have to spend the rest of his life without any friends or promotions?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

I thought they were 'out' already.

Or what are they ephobophiles or whatever, anything but pedophiles?

I see ads for them in the local paper all the time.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I see ads for them in the local paper all the time.
      [action=Theben]wonders what papers Ben likes to read [/action]
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

As for the OP, in the U.S. what would normally happen is someone would call the authorities, and they would most likely just list him as a sexual predator.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I've seen a distressing number of people express the opinion that all pedophiles will necessarily try to be child molesters.

Comment

I guess I can understand what you are trying to present. About 10 years ago, a very talented doctor who lived in my neighborhood committed suicide at age 31 after it was revealed he was having sexual relations with a 16 year old girl. He was a really nice guy that looked similar gruff looking face like House now that I think about it.

I always thought it was a great waste and the fact he felt guilty and despondent enough to commit suicide over it always seemed really wrong to me.

Comment

Poor guy. Should have moved here to the UK - 16 is legal here...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'm not talking about ephebophiles. These are okay people im my book. They are simply attracted to pubescent girls under the age of consent. I'm talking about real pedophiles, those sexually attracted to prepubescent children. They are generally sick ****s, but if they do not actually do anything to kids, because they know it is wrong and sick, I think we shouldn't mistreat them. Hate the sin, but love the sinner, you know.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

You're right but that'll never happen.

Try reading the Sun or any of the other tabloids and you'll quickly find out why
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Pedophilia is a sickness that should be cured. Otherwise it's possible that they might act on their fantasies. Not all do mind you, but those that do ruins lives. It's not at all comparable to homosexuality which is sex between consenting adults...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

There should be different rules depending on age. Someone who likes how 14 yearolds look isn't a pedo, even though it should still be illegal to have sex with 14 yearolds (as long as they are under the age of maturity, if we lower it ot 14 than that is fine).

It seems like the medical community does see the difference between those who are younger than 12 and older than 12.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        I've seen a distressing number of people express the opinion that all pedophiles will necessarily try to be child molesters.
                        How many heterosexuals don't try to have sex with someone with the opposite sex?

How many homosexuals don't try to have sex with someone of the same sex?

I do think that some pedos don't try to be child molesters. But it takes a strong ethical/moral system and them recognizing that their desires are wrong. A need for those who are rehabilited is to stay away from kids/etc.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                          Pedophilia is a sickness that should be cured. Otherwise it's possible that they might act on their fantasies. Not all do mind you, but those that do ruins lives. It's not at all comparable to homosexuality which is sex between consenting adults...
                          Current medical understanding is that pedophilia can't be cured.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            Current medical understanding is that pedophilia can't be cured.

JM
                            It's not a medical question as much as an psychological question I think. But Depo-Provera in combination with Paxil, Prozac or Zoloft takes away most of the sexual urge.
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              How many heterosexuals don't try to have sex with someone with the opposite sex?

How many homosexuals don't try to have sex with someone of the same sex?

I do think that some pedos don't try to be child molesters. But it takes a strong ethical/moral system and them recognizing that their desires are wrong. A need for those who are rehabilited is to stay away from kids/etc.

JM
                              That's a common argument that I've never seen backed up by any facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X