• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious
    That's unacceptable.
    So's your face.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If only that's what it always was. Even using contraceptives, there can be failures--so while it's tempting to say that those who are lazy and careless suffer their 'wages of sin', what of those who 'did good'?

Or does 'doing good' entail abstinence, wankery, and/or gay sex, the only three forms of sexual activity that have a zero-chance of leading to pregnancy?

Yes, as Elok's mentioned, there's the lottery aspect. Are we really suggesting that playing russian roulette is the ideal option to this thorny issue?
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        If you guys are going to talk about abortion maybe you would like to listen to one? This lady was aborted...
        Tragic, yes.

But it doesn't change my opinion, stated earlier.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
          Yes, as Elok's mentioned, there's the lottery aspect. Are we really suggesting that playing russian roulette is the ideal option to this thorny issue?
          Did I say anything about ideal? Not at all. It's simply the least bad of many bad options. Make a woman go through an unwanted pregnancy>killing the child. That choice still sucks, which is why you want to minimize it.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wrong. She/He/They chose. You choose to do things, knowing the possible outcome. Deal with your behavior.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Of course the choice sucks. That said, I think it's still better to provide the option of safe, legal ones instead of removing that option--since the ones most inclined to seek it out will undoubtedly seek the dangerous, illegal ones.

This is, of course, excluding the whole aspect of the ability to pay for these procedures; banning abortion would unduly hit the underclass...
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Wrong. She/He/They chose. You choose to do things, knowing the possible outcome. Deal with your behavior.
                So it is 'wages of sin', only not in those words.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua

Frankly, the system is at fault there. I personally know many who cannot have children of their own, and are trying to adopt, but the system makes them wait for years and other countries won't allow US citizens to adopt.
                  It doesn't help that qualified gay men and lesbians who wish to be parents are often excluded from legally adopting children.

Just adds more stress to an already stressed system in time of need for more adoptive parents.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

People who don't believe in God often support abortion. Strangely they also often believe in reincarnation and karma.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

People should just be able to have sex without agreeing to give birth so long as they take reasonable precautions. Why? Because people are happier this way. Of course anti-choice people hate happy people.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Rape, incest, teen pregnancy, or serious complications to expectant's mother's health and/or to fetus. Also in situations of an impoverished or lower class woman who is pregnant and would find the cost of child-bearing and raising child to be too economically/financially stressful.
                        You aren't against the abortion of children born to rich older women? You would honestly tell them that they did wrong in aborting their child?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It doesn't help that qualified gay men and lesbians who wish to be parents are often excluded from legally adopting children.

Just adds more stress to an already stressed system in time of need for more adoptive parents.
                          Which is why people are paying for overseas adoptions? There are plenty of people who would be willing to adopt kids, but the kids just aren't available.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                            People who don't believe in God often support abortion. Strangely they also often believe in reincarnation and karma.
                            People who don't believe in a god also tend to be better educated and have higher incomes. Strangely, they also often donate liberally to causes close to their hearts.
                            B♭3

Comment

You miss my point I guess.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Pro-choice here. I find it akin to being forced to keep a homeless man in your house on a sub-zero day after you've found him crawling in a window.
                                Wow. Your very own flesh and blood that you helped conceive wouldn't be welcome in your home?

That makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X