• Abortion?

Well?
    :b:
    0%
    :q:
    0%
    :ana:
    0%
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the others!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Rape, incest, teen pregnancy, or serious complications to expectant's mother's health and/or to fetus. Also in situations of an impoverished or lower class woman who is pregnant and would find the cost of child-bearing and raising child to be too economically/financially stressful.

I would not favor any law that explicitly prohibits women getting an abortion merely for convenience's sake in other much less serious pregnancy situations. But personally, I find those types of abortions more objectionable.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Go archive some Lincoln. Real men act on their principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
          Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the others!
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Rape, incest or health of the mother or child. NOT as a contraceptive alternative.

I vote "No", since you make it one or the other.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I voted banana, if a banana was used................

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                Rape, incest, teen pregnancy, or serious complications to expectant's mother's health and/or to fetus. Also in situations of an impoverished or lower class woman who is pregnant and would find the cost of child-bearing and raising child to be too economically/financially stressful.

I would not favor any law that explicitly prohibits women getting an abortion merely for convenience's sake in other much less serious pregnancy situations. But personally, I find those types of abortions more objectionable.
                I agree. I think women should have the right to choose and don't think it's me who can judge an individual case. Yet I'm more than uneasy that a certain number of women seems to take the issue too casual, using abortion merely as a contraceptive.
                Last edited by Wernazuma III; October 6, 2008, 05:21.
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I favor abortions, but not a woman's right to choose.

Comment

I compare abortion to amputation.
                    I oppose amputation, but in some cases, amputation can save life. I think amputation shouldn't be illegal, and should be done at the hospital...
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Rape, incest or health of the mother or child. NOT as a contraceptive alternative.

I vote "No", since you make it one or the other.
                      QFT. I feel that if you were stupid enough to have sex without protection then you deserve the consequences of your actions. Besides, once the baby is born you can always put it up for adoption.
                      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

edit: Douple post
                        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Pro-choice here. I find it akin to being forced to keep a homeless man in your house on a sub-zero day after you've found him crawling in a window.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That comparison is hopelessly inadequate.

It all depends on when it is a human life, so for all intents and purposes abortion in the first trimester only.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua

QFT. I feel that if you were stupid enough to have sex without protection then you deserve the consequences of your actions. Besides, once the baby is born you can always put it up for adoption.
                              What about contraceptive failure? Are you going to have every sex act filmed so that the authorities can be sure who deserves an abortion and who does not?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X