Abortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis

For someone who pricipally thinks state interference should be kept to a minimum you sure like push your own absolute values onto other people.
    Hey, jackass. This is a vote. My opinion was solicited.
    Why is it that I'm singled out? What does the state have to do with it? All I have to say to you is to kiss off.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
      I see it as a lottery

In the old days, sex was like a lottery in which 17 times you would get 100 bucks, and 1 time you would get a kick on the balls

Nowadays, because of contraception, you get 100 bucks 98 times, and a kick on the balls only twice

When people decide to participate in that lottery, they know of that small risk of losing, so, if they lose, they have to be responsible about it.
      In general, this violates the moral principle that people should not be compelled to accept the consequences of things that have a very low probability of occurring and that they took all reasonable precautions to prevent.

It's all irrelevant anyway. Unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a human fetus counts as a person, you have no case for a law prohibiting abortions. Frankly, for the first couple of months of a pregnancy, a severed human hand is more of a person than a fetus is. More to the point, there are a great many pregnancies that result in spontaneous abortions (some of which women aren't even aware of), but you don't see major campaigns to fund medical research that would save these unborn
      "persons".

The whole reason for this malarkey is that right wing authoritarians want to control women's sex lives. Indeed, they are uneasy with the fact that women are sexual beings. Hell, these are the same ****** that spread lies about the danger of HIV infections from normal sex in order to force their warped and puritanical abstinence fantasies on the rest of us.

I'd have a better time believing the anti-abortion crowd if their real motivations weren't so obviously apparent.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
        I know, I'm a terrible woman hater, but lets face it everyone knows sex makes babies.
        The problem is God didn't give us only enough blood to have an erection and use our brains at the same time... That bastard !!!
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

The problem is God didn't give us only enough blood to have an erection and use our brains at the same time... That bastard !!!

You have two hands and an entire industry helping you with that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Hey, jackass. This is a vote. My opinion was solicited.
            Why is it that I'm singled out? What does the state have to do with it? All I have to say to you is to kiss off.

Couldn't your opinion be reflective on what you would do if hypothetically you were in position of power to make and enforce the law?

If your opinion is severely limited on what you find acceptable for abortion, then doesn't it follow that if you had the power to do so, you would enact and enforce laws to reflect your opinion on abortion?

Hence, the other poster's comment about your so-called stance on government interference in people's lives.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

You have two hands and an entire industry helping you with that problem.
              While the second part is certainly true, the first one is such a killjoy...
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Couldn't your opinion be reflective on what you would do if hypothetically you were in position of power to make and enforce the law?

If your opinion is severely limited on what you find acceptable for abortion, then doesn't it follow that if you had the power to do so, you would enact and enforce laws to reflect your opinion on abortion?

Hence, the other poster's comment about your so-called stance on government interference in people's lives.

I don't think you have to worry about it.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

it is a yes, so pro-choice... you cannot "outlaw" a practice as it will only push it underground (or in better cases abroad), and punish the least capable in your society - ie the ones who cannot afford the extra expenses, even though their might be the abortion due to rape etc... inact the ban and close your eyes, is not the solution.

What needs to be done is education, and prevention by all other possible means. However looking at education in general in our anglo-saxon societies - it is getting worse rather than better, and this is the real point someone should be spending their voter attention on.

Outlawing is on the other hand an easy one-dimensional issue which it is easy to hook voters on... so together with all the other ills of our societies, this get us +1 issue that only serves to distract instead to solve anything...
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Pro-choice here. I find it akin to being forced to keep a homeless man in your house on a sub-zero day after you've found him crawling in a window.

There are some pro-choice people whom I agree with, but apparently I still fail to understand some of their arguments or analogies.

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about it.
                      yeah

Comment

Imran appears to be the type that agrees with abortion up to the day of birth. Just punch it in the face through the dialated cervex.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Imran, I had hopes that as you grew older, you would also grow wiser. I see that's not the case. Parasite?
                          Given it's your offspring, you might be correct. How about this. an abortion and then a trip for you and your "pardner" to the nearest spay and neuter facility?
                          If you don't want the kid, it is a parasite. It is feeding on you and you want it out.

And perhaps one needs to spay and neuter all Texans if they display such logic as yourself... we could use less of your type.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                            Imran appears to be the type that agrees with abortion up to the day of birth. Just punch it in the face through the dialated cervex.
                            Well, if it can live outside the womb (viability) then take it out and let it live in an incubator. But I don't think the woman should have to open her womb to a visitor she does not want.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Now, now . . .

Imran hasn't stated here that he supports partial-birth abortion.

I for one find partial-birth abortion to be grossly repugnant. The ONLY case I can see allowing that is to save life of mother. A rape victim should have decided much earlier on in the pregnancy to get an abortion; same for lower-class woman or a pregnant teenager.

If those types of expectant mothers have neglected to make their decision early enough in the pregnancy I say they should not be allowed to have a partial-birth abortion.

Comment

You don't get the point. The couple decided to roll the dice. If they "lose", don't expect the house to feel sorry for you. Your term of "it" is consistent with your attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X