Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

Can't you go back to being dead?
    ya. maybe it will bank towards tampa at the last minute and you will get your wish.

Comment

I see that N O N E of you are concerned that this thing will cut across the US landmass and destroy Oregon.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Oregon has the constant threat of being PETAed to death.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Nature doesn't hate all of us, only Republicans. Just look at how Gustav is raining on the whole Republican Convention!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Saints home opener in Dallas?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

But really that's mostly Cali. Its too cold here to expose oneself, the real reason for PETA.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  Hanna making an estimated unscheduled turn

Better you than me.
                  Last edited by chequita guevara; August 31, 2008, 19:19.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

My sis and family evacuated to Mobile today. She lives on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, with in-laws on the south shore.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Is there a risk of floods in their area?
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Certainly. They were very surprised that they weren't flooded out in Katrina. It came very close. About a foot.

Part of the north shore (suburb of New Orleans) had very extensive wind damage from Katrina too. They only had minor damage from that. So they dodged a couple bullets.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

BTW, maybe not the best time to ask, but would Lake Borgne have happened to been the subject of any jokes?
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Lake Borgne? Never heard of it. Should I have heard of it?

Comment

It's next to Pontchartrain: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,1.235962&z=10

Originally posted by DanS
                              Certainly. They were very surprised that they weren't flooded out in Katrina. It came very close. About a foot.

Part of the north shore (suburb of New Orleans) had very extensive wind damage from Katrina too. They only had minor damage from that. So they dodged a couple bullets.
                              Hopefully it'll end as well now.

Comment

Hope so too. Thanks for the sentiments.

Although, I have to say, they have been informed by experience in rather forceful terms the chances that they are taking.

Comment

Working...
                                X