What's heaven like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
    The only heavens that exist are the ones we create in our heads.
    You mean, like the glorious Workers' Paradise of Communism?

Comment

No, I'm thinking more "A world without Denmark"
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"Something is rotten because of the state of Denmark," I think that Shakespeare quote went?
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
          I agree, that's sort of my whole point. From what I was taught about heaven, all of the stuff we argue about is going to be irrelevent.
          So we won't need to defraud Wal-Marts of iPods, because they'll give 'em away for free up there?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
            people will have jobs in heaven - that's somewhat implied in the Bible,
            Does that include people who never had jobs here on Earth?

You know, if you start telling people that you're going to seriously diminish the number of believers.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Yes, but can we block all those annoying prayer phone calls from our relatives?
              Your relatives call you up and pray for you over the phone? Have you been sacrificing puppies to Cthulu again?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Don't think you're getting it. Presumably, you won't want to, as heaven is the definition of perfection. Communism/unions have no place in heaven, because no one will want either.
                Incorrect. No one in heaven will want communism and unions. What sense would they make when no work is needed?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Incorrect. No one in heaven will want communism and unions. What sense would they make when no work is needed?
                  Some how with people like Bush up there I'm gonna want communism.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Apparently in libertarian heaven there are sweatshops filled with non-christians from the middle east and asia who make stuff for $.02 a day. And prison labor.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Some how with people like Bush up there I'm gonna want communism.
                      Why?

You can't take it with you Kid.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Apparently in libertarian heaven there are sweatshops filled with non-christians from the middle east and asia who make stuff for $.02 a day. And prison labor.
                        You mean atheists? If they don't believe in God, why would they even want to be in heaven? They'd be happier in the sweatshops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Why?

You can't take it with you Kid.
                          Communism also means some people (or allmighty beings) won't have a lot of power over others.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Not all non-christians are athiests, Ben. And most of those people probably don't lik eworking in sweatashops.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

What's heaven like?

Well, given that there are no Jews, Muslims, atheists or gays, the only thing preventing it from being the KKK's wet dream is the blacks.

Tells you something, huh?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Communism also means some people (or allmighty beings) won't have a lot of power over others.
                                Which is rather pointless in heaven no? If there is a heaven then Communism is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X