Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there beer in heaven?

Comment

I heard there are spirits, so I don't see why beer would be a problem.

Comment

you can be in heaven on this earth already, so try to find it and once you do, you will know what heaven is like
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
          Is there beer in heaven?
          And internet access?

Plus they better have large pizza there.
          Blah

Comment

Re: What's heaven like?

Originally posted by Perfection
            Will my deceased kitties be there?
            No, but I hope mine will!

Comment

It's like What Dreams May Come .
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Non-existant.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                  Time has no meaning there. Each day is just like each other one. We will see our old family again, and our friends of days gone past.
                  Seems a bit too static for my tastes.

You won't be married because there will be no marriages in heaven, even those who are married, will no longer be so.
                  This makes me wonder why one opposes gay marriage so, then?

All the physical ills and infirmities will pass, I presume we will see ourselves as we would want to be.
                  Well, except as gods ourselves, I suppose.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    That's because you're a dumbass. Have you not heard then of the lion lying down next to the lamb? You're telling me that God is a micro manager? Look around you. Are you clocking in to any hints? You're supposed to be happy. Winston doesn't like animals. So, ok. His heaven, no animals. I get all I want. It's my damn heaven.
                    Who's a dumbass here? Go check your bible, it doesn't say exactly that. Also, God could well be a micromanager and not even notice that. He's omnipotent by definition.
                    Also, it's not your heaven. It's God's heaven. Do you think heaven is a place made of clouds where you fly around and play harps? Or a place made of gently rolling hills where it's warm year round with fruits and stuff?
                    No, heaven is not a place, it is a state. A state of ecstasy caused by close proximity to God. Do you really think your relatives and your pets will make you more happy than the Lord himself?
                    And hell is not, of course, full of fire, molten sulphur and imps with pitchforks. It is simply a state of your despair caused by your rejection of God, or more exactly, by your understanding of that fact. You could be in heaven, but chose not to.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                      My understanding of heaven is a little different. It's not about hedonistic pleasure, or even necessarily happiness as we understand it. We are there because a)we accepted Jesus Christ, and b)want to serve/glorify him. For example, people will have jobs in heaven - that's somewhat implied in the Bible, IIRC. There will of course be rewards, but not, I think, as we could understand them.
                      What happens when there's a downsizing or a disagreement with management? Can you goof off at work, or is that frowned upon?
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        Ben Kenobi: you seem to have had a near death experience so you can answer this better than anyone. Can we watch TV shows in heaven, such as Lost? Will we be able to cheat and watch the end ahead of time? Thanks in advance. I'm going to go start a dot com and make several million dollars with an IPO in ten years.
                        This is the first time I've been behind Wiglaf 100%.
                        B♭3

Comment

Let me know when someone comes back with some real experience in this area. If not, pretending to have specific knowledge is just plain silly.

Now if someone says, I believe, then I'm ok with that. They're entitled to their believe/faith. But those that claim they know.................liars or simply dilusional.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                            Plus they better have large pizza there.
                            All the way up to 48".

For example, people will have jobs in heaven

Only in libertyrant heaven.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

you seem to have had a near death experience so you can answer this better than anyone. Can we watch TV shows in heaven, such as Lost? Will we be able to cheat and watch the end ahead of time? Thanks in advance. I'm going to go start a dot com and make several million dollars with an IPO in ten years.
                              Just my thoughts.

The other thing is apparently we can watch whatever is happening on Earth, which would be way better then tv.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                                For example, people will have jobs in heaven
                                Dey [heaven] took er jerbs!
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X