Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Just my thoughts.

The other thing is apparently we can watch whatever is happening on Earth, which would be way better then tv.
    Yes, but can we block all those annoying prayer phone calls from our relatives?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Just my thoughts.

The other thing is apparently we can watch whatever is happening on Earth, which would be way better then tv.
      Indeed. I bet Darfur is just riveting TV, and the bedrooms of private couples are fit more prurient tastes than Skinemax delivers.
      B♭3

Comment

Just my thoughts.

To bad we can't go to earth. Then we would be in like reality TV or something.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

Indeed. I bet Darfur is just riveting TV, and the bedrooms of private couples are fit more prurient tastes than Skinemax delivers.
          Oh, come on if you are really that desperate for TV you can watch TV while by tuning in to people watching TV.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

To bad we can't go to earth. Then we would be in like reality TV or something.

We're already here currently, no sense to wait till heaven to go where you want to...

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

We're already here currently, no sense to wait till heaven to go where you want to...
              Cool. What channel?!
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't think that many people will be in heaven until after the end of the earth. I think that after the end, God will fix up the earth, and that then He will ressurect those who follow Him to live there with Him.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What happens when there's a downsizing or a disagreement with management? Can you goof off at work, or is that frowned upon?
                  Don't think you're getting it. Presumably, you won't want to, as heaven is the definition of perfection. Communism/unions have no place in heaven, because no one will want either.
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's heaven like?

Well, for one thing, it begins with a capital letter.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

Don't think you're getting it. Presumably, you won't want to, as heaven is the definition of perfection. Communism/unions have no place in heaven, because no one will want either.
                      Capitalism has no place in heave either.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I agree, that's sort of my whole point. From what I was taught about heaven, all of the stuff we argue about is going to be irrelevent.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's like Eastbourne but slightly warmer
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The only heavens that exist are the ones we create in our heads.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But what if someone's Eden is to kvetch about his or her job, goof off at work, and always live in fear of downsizing, but escaping for another day?
                              B♭3

Comment

I agree, that's sort of my whole point. From what I was taught about heaven, all of the stuff we argue about is going to be irrelevent.
                                Except if someone's heaven is to have these arguments actually be relevant.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X