No announcement yet.

The Barack HUSSEIN Obama Death List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a smear when it's somewhat true. You have seen him speak I assume? His charisma and confidence is routinely equated with Arrogance. The "ONE" sounds pretty damn cocky when he goes into his mystical and vague "CHANGE" routine. Being confident/arrogance is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're facing an opponent that has that skill, it's the best way to attack it.

And I'll give you a clue. EVERY politician thinks he's 'Special"
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I perosnally think it's silly but what I think is unimportant.
      I wasn't talking about image...

But I'm not at all convinced that this attack hurts him long term. It completely falls apart under any logical scrutiny, and I'm pretty confident in Obama's ability to counterpunch. Expect to see Obama's numbers pick up a little bit over the next week...
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
        Those are some nice claims but how exactly does he propose to end ear marks? He might as well declare he will end world hunger and make peace on Earth.

All he can really do is threaten to veto legislation and then Congress will do what they have always done. Namely attach their earmarks to "must pass" legislation and force McCain to chose between getting the bill he wants or vetoing earmarks.
        Well yeah... it seems to me that McCain is saying he's vetoing every bill, no matter how important, if there are earmarks.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That will happen once and then McCain will get smeared for being obstructionist just like the Republicans who shut down the Federal government in the 90's. The reality is this is how the government works and ear marks are part of it and not even a very big part.

The only conclusion I can reach is McCain is once again talking out of his ass promising the moon and the stars which he cannot deliver. He's not the first or last politician to do it but that doesn't mean I believe McCain's claims either.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

I wasn't talking about image...

But I'm not at all convinced that this attack hurts him long term. It completely falls apart under any logical scrutiny, and I'm pretty confident in Obama's ability to counterpunch. Expect to see Obama's numbers pick up a little bit over the next week...
            I imagine the big event will be the debates. Those are almost always where the last undecideds get off the fence.

Comment

• Yeah, it should fall apart under any logical scrutiny, but remember what percentage of the voting public has ANY logical skills. The election is not decided by people that actually think, it's decided by people that have no place in deciding the future of the country. (and I'm including both parties here) This is the main reason why smear campaigns are so prevelant. They have been proven to be effective. And for those people like Oredin that believe that they are used exclusively by Republicans, I have to wonder how his logic skills are, despite all the posts that he's done that show he isn't brain dead.

And Actually I'm glad for sites like this because there have been a couple of things that I read and assumed where true but which quickly get corrected here. (voting attendance figures for one)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                That will happen once and then McCain will get smeared for being obstructionist just like the Republicans who shut down the Federal government in the 90's. The reality is this is how the government works and ear marks are part of it and not even a very big part.
                If you recall Clinton came off smelling like roses in the last battle.

As McCain doesn't put earmarks in his bills and has been talking about it for over 10 years, I think he'll be serious about this. I think the whole publically shaming people who put in earmarks will work better than anything else.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yeah, it should fall apart under any logical scrutiny, but remember what percentage of the voting public has ANY logical skills.
                  But unlike the past couple nominees, Obama gets that this game is all about cinema and can counterattack in that vernacular. For example:

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    And for those people like Oredin that believe that they are used exclusively by Republicans, I have to wonder how his logic skills are, despite all the posts that he's done that show he isn't brain dead.
                    Where on Earth did you come up with a bogus claim like that? Clearly both sides use smears (there are plenty about Bush) though Republicans tend to do a much better job of it because they have party discipline while Democrats don't. Republicans can literally get all of their members out on the same day saying the exact same thing over and over again to saturate the media with their message while trying to get Democrats to say the same message is like trying to herding cats. It's a big tent party so every faction has their own ideas and goes their own way.

Comment

• Yes, he's very good at it. It's been awhile since we've had a candidate with this much natural charisma. I expect the REPUGs will have to really outdo themselves to make many smears stick. They'll probably just go with volume instead of quality.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Oerdin, thanks for acknowledging that both sides do it. I have never seen a post by you where you say that Dems are guilty of it also. I do believe your vision is slightly colored and the Dems do it more than you think.
                        I take back my comment.

And for the record, I do not approve smear campaigns by either side. (some joking isn't considered a smear)

And yes I also believe that the REPUGS are better at it. Which really surprises me since Democrats are generally younger, better educated and more computer literate. Heck go to a creative department at an ad agency and they're all DEMS. So all of these professional liars are DEMS. I'd expect better from them.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I used to debate in high school. We had one fellow who was like that, but he was at the other school. He turned out to be the top debator in all of the province. Won the tournament and everything.

You pretty much just went along with the ride when he spoke. I learned alot from him, but I went more for the quiet professor and 'sounding smart'.

There's not much you can do when you are working with an orator, except do your best to do better.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Heck go to a creative department at an ad agency and they're all DEMS. So all of these professional liars are DEMS. I'd expect better from them.

Ming keeps them in line

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well yeah... it seems to me that McCain is saying he's vetoing every bill, no matter how important, if there are earmarks.
                              One person's earmark is another person's targetted spending:

$10,000.000 for new body armor for our troops?? Egad it's an earmark -- VETO!!

Comment

• And one person's earmark is $2.5 billion aid to Israel... IIRC, foreign aid makes up ~ a quarter of total earmarks. There's other important stuff like upkeep for courts that's earmarked spending. In other words, there's no way McCain would veto every bill with an earmark in it...
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X