No announcement yet.

Is the surge a success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And of course, the Brits pursued a divide and conquer policy, promoting a seperate Muslim identity (i.e. organizing political representation on religious and communal identity), the Muslim League over the Indian National Congress, etc.
    Muslims never wanted to be ruled by the Hindus they had ruled for centuries, unless the British were in control. They never integrated in British India, in having their own schools apart from the Hindus. The Muslim league was not organised by the British, but by the Muslims themselves.

Blaming Gandhi and absolving the Brits of responsibility over partition is the height of lunacy.
    He was willing to accept the consequences of Partition over a Muslim civil war. Partition could not have happened without his approval, and as much as he hated partition, he found it more palatable then the alternatives.

As for the BBC, how is that anything different from what I said? Also, Gandhi still isn't saying anything about the Sikhs in the Punjab.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
      I'm saying we shouldn't have gone in the first place. Saddam was contained - he wasn't a threat and I said so at the time, and the facts have borne that out. Invading and taking out Saddam made us responsible for helping the Iraqis through the aftermath. I don't think that invading, knocking off Saddam, and immediately leaving would have been morally right. The chaos would likely have been worse and the end result would almost assuredly have been a bloody sectarian war that ends with a new Saddam in command.
      You seem to have a selective application of morality.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Is the BBC an acceptable source, Ben?

-Arrian
        No, that's biased to. See anything that Ben doesn't agree with has to be biased.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Is the BBC an acceptable source, Ben?

-Arrian
          No, that's biased to. See anything that Ben doesn't agree with has to be biased.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• No, that's biased to. See anything that Ben doesn't agree with has to be biased.
            Did you actually read my reply?

I've actually written for the BBC.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• and that would make it less biased how?
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• True, I do consider every source that disagrees with me to be biased.

I also consider every source that agrees with me to be biased.

The question is not bias, but reliability. All sources are biased, but not all sources are reliable.

I would say the BBC source is reliable, but I don't agree that what I said and what the BBC says is different. I think we are corroborating each other.

Comment

• Stating that the BBC source is reliable right after mentioning that you've written for the BBC doesn't inspire my confidence.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Stating that the BBC source is reliable right after mentioning that you've written for the BBC doesn't inspire my confidence.
                        I wasn't the one who quoted the BBC as a reliable source.

I believe it was arrian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          I would say the BBC source is reliable, but I don't agree that what I said and what the BBC says is different. I think we are corroborating each other.
                          Now do you remember saying that the you think the BBC source is reliable.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Now do you remember saying that the you think the BBC source is reliable.
                            You need to read what I said in response to Arrian. Do both you and Imran have me on selective ignore?

As for the BBC, how is that anything different from what I said? Also, Gandhi still isn't saying anything about the Sikhs in the Punjab.
                            Where did I say the BBC source was unreliable? All I said is that the BBC source corroborates what I was saying. That means I consider the BBC source to be reliable.

Arrian was the one who brought up the BBC in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              That means I consider the BBC source to be reliable.
                              See, you did it again.
                              Your short term memory is awful.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

You seem to have a selective application of morality.
                                Most people do.

I'm curious about exactly what you mean, however.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X