No announcement yet.

Is the surge a success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CNN video deals with that. Namely, we started doing that before the surge.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
      The first war was supposed to be simply about kicking Saddam's forces out of Kuwait. That doesn't incur the same responsibilities.
      I see that we're into artificially defining your objectives such that we can pass on any moral responsibility.

But leaving that aside, why didn't moral obligation attach even earlier?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I see that we're into artificially defining your objectives such that we can pass on any moral responsibility.
        Excuse me?

But leaving that aside, why didn't moral obligation attach even earlier?
        Like when, exactly?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
        X