You May Have a Woman's Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Amygdala? Wasn't she a character from Star Wars?
    You lose a bet, PH? I do believe that's the Hun flag you are sporting.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ja, I am sporting a German flag and I am currently in Germany. Double whammy
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        Ja, I am sporting a German flag and I am currently in Germany. Double whammy
        Who do you think you are kidding, mister...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          I want to know what MrFun, Wittlich and company think of the idea that scientists say they're computing with a girl's CPU, and that they are more emotional and prone to depression than us chick chasers.
          I don't see how it's a problem?
          B♭3

Comment

It says "most notably the size". Please back up your assertion that the brain's size changes over the course of childhood depending on if they will be gay when they hit puberty.
            Did I say over the course of childhood? Try again.

Oh, and why are we discussing blood flows and the amygdala.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Did I say over the course of childhood? Try again.

Oh, and why are we discussing blood flows and the amygdala.
              Ben, you try again. When does the brain change? Prove the that physical size of the brain changes with behaviour. Do it, or shut up.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One of the reasons why I don't tihnk that this study shows much, besides the low statistics, is that the societal view which is fostered on kids is that men who are feminine are gay. Kids of that sort constantly have this sexuality questioned by their peers.

This means that there isn't a clear biological relation, culture/soceity play a role also.

This is also counter to the studies which show higher testosterone = more corrleated to homosexuality. I am more likely to beleive the testosterone theory, as it is unexpected and not a place where we are likely to see societal effects.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

This study has nothing to do with femininity or behaviour.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

They found that in gay men and women, the blood flowed to areas involved in fear and anxiety, whereas in straight men and lesbians it tended to flow to pockets linked to aggression.
                    I wonder how it is not culturally determined...

Edit: I thought that you could train yourself to respond in a way or not, to enjoy fear, aggressiveness toward certain stimuli.

Edit: I wouldn't argue about the size of the brain being biologically determined and so. In my opinion homosexuality could be mostly(or at 50%) biologically determined, the same as intelligence.
                    bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      One of the reasons why I don't tihnk that this study shows much, besides the low statistics, is that the societal view which is fostered on kids is that men who are feminine are gay. Kids of that sort constantly have this sexuality questioned by their peers.

This means that there isn't a clear biological relation, culture/soceity play a role also
                      No it doesn't. Perhaps the reason that men who exhibit feminine behaviour are gay is because they are gay, or are more likely to be. After all, this study demonstrates that straight women and gay men have similar brains, and lesbians and straight men have similar brains.

Note that feminine behaviour in the study refers to increased emotionalism and susceptibility to depression, not to "wearing dresses" or "making cakes". In the latter case, your claim would be sound, in the former case it would be contradicted by this study.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS

I wonder how it is not culturally determined...

Edit: I thought that you could train yourself to respond in a way or not, to enjoy fear, aggressiveness toward certain stimuli.

Edit: I wouldn't argue about the size of the brain being biologically determined and so. In my opinion homosexuality could be mostly(or at 50%) biologically determined, the same as intelligence.
                        Interestingly enough, statistically gays are more intelligent and earn more money.

Comment

Note that feminine behaviour in the study refers to increased emotionalism and susceptibility to depression
                          I think this has more to do with how homosexuals are treated in society more than anything else.

Comment

Re: You May Have a Woman's Brain

You May Have a Woman's Brain

If you are a woman

Well, I'm glad to see you were paying attention in class.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Increased emotionalism is one of the qualities that gets you told that you are gay when you are a kid. If society tells you you are gay, you are more likely to become that even if that isn't your nature inclination. Same as if society calls you straight.

Since emotional boys are told that they are gay, more will become gay afterwards, so the sample of emotional boys isn't clean from cultural bias.

Basically, I think that this is too complicated to make any conclusions from. As I have previously said, the observed homosexuality in nonsocial animal speciies is I think the greatest evidence in favor of a biological source of homosexuality.

If thety did a similar study among nonsocial anomals (or even social anomals) I would find it to be a lot stronger.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sorry, that's the most absurd thing i've read today.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X