You May Have a Woman's Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
    It is a bit misleading because it looks like a joke thread.

My title was perfect. As usual. It's hard being right so much, but Mr Snuggles manages.
    And we you for it, except when you disagree with me; we all know I'm always right.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

Actually, some of the religious extremists are in favor of finding biological bases for the gay, so as to better "treat" the "disease" before it gets out of hand.
      Sadly you're probably right. I can see it now. We can cure it using open brain surgery. It must be made mandatory since it's an illness.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

electroshock works I hear

that, and making them drink out of water fountains after a straight person has
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I personally consider the evidence of non-social gay animals to be stronger evidence of homosexuality having a biological cause.

As far as this goes, I am straight but I am pretty sure that anxiety features stronger in my response than aggression. I mean, I was aggressive pre2000, but since I have rarely been.

I can think of enough exceptions to this that makes me have doubts about it's validity.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Sadly you're probably right. I can see it now. We can cure it using open brain surgery. It must be made mandatory since it's an illness.
            There's also the genetic factor, which some are suggesting might be "fixed".

Apparently, while abortion is wrong, and contraception is wrong, ****ing around with the genes God gave someone is a-ok.
            B♭3

Comment

So, does brain structure dictate thought and action, or is it still dependent on cognitive development? A sample size of 25 (or only 20 for the gay counterparts) may not be a representative sample. We also don't know how diverse the samples were. Perhaps that study is only valid for straight/gay with Swedish heritage but not for others.

Can axe-murderers point to an amygdala scan that shows excessive links to areas controlling aggression and claim they aren't to blame for their actions? Can prosecutors use amygdala scans to determine whether a defendant is likely to commit more crimes and thus influence the sentence?

More importantly, can we engineer an amygdala-powered super-combatant like River?
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                More importantly, can we engineer an amygdala-powered super-combatant like River?
                God, I hope so.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It would be fun to throw this in the face of a lot of bigots that have claimed for years that it's choice and thereby a sin against nature. How will they rationalize their hatred if they can't use that as an excuse anymore.
                  Hmm?

This study is garbage. All they are saying is that "brain structure" does not change. Yes, it does and can change over time. I'm not surprised to see this result. They are assuming that these particular brain structures don't change between infancy and between adulthood. What you do affects how your brain works.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Why don't you actually read the article and try to comprehend it this time, Ben.

I'd also like you to provide evidence to your scientific claim that what children do changes the physical size of specific hemispheres of the brain.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

While it is nice to have another thread about the biological basis of homosexuality, I thought that the controversial part was the suggestion that homosexuals were in terms of brain type of the opposite sex. Hence the title.

I want to know what MrFun, Wittlich and company think of the idea that scientists say they're computing with a girl's CPU, and that they are more emotional and prone to depression than us chick chasers.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        While it is nice to have another thread about the biological basis of homosexuality, I thought that the controversial part was the suggestion that homosexuals were in terms of brain type of the opposite sex. Hence the title.

I want to know what MrFun, Wittlich and company think of the idea that scientists say they're computing with a girl's CPU, and that they are more emotional and prone to depression than us chick chasers.
                        Maybe you could also read the article again and comprehend it. It doesn't discuss brain type or even thought process.

What it does discuss is the size of various aspects of the brain are linked to the type of people we find attractive. Which is moreso a discussion on the biological basis of homosexuality than your obsession with femininity.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What I can understand that size of the brain could b a proof of the biological cause of homosexuality. (like the article explained the size of the brain is mainly genetically determined, or not linked by the cultural environment.)

Which I don't understand ( and I absolutely don't know anything on biology and how brain works) is how the amygdala activity could be linked to a biological (understand genetics) cause.

I thought the amygdala activity is rather the effect, than the cause. What I want to point out, is, amygdala activity could be environment conditioned.

Eg: Take one person, and condition him to be more prone to agresiveness, etc... the Amygdala activity will reflect this new emotional pattern.

hope you understand what I try to say
                          bleh

Comment

I'd also like you to provide evidence to your scientific claim that what children do changes the physical size of specific hemispheres of the brain.
                            Most of the evidence is focussed on blood flows, which can and do change based on environmental changes.

Again, what you do will have an effect on the structure of your brain, and on the way in which it operates. Taxi drivers have been shown to have brains that work differently on spatial tasks just because they do them so often.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Amygdala? Wasn't she a character from Star Wars?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Most of the evidence is focussed on blood flows, which can and do change based on environmental changes.

Again, what you do will have an effect on the structure of your brain, and on the way in which it operates. Taxi drivers have been shown to have brains that work differently on spatial tasks just because they do them so often.
                                It says "most notably the size". Please back up your assertion that the brain's size changes over the course of childhood depending on if they will be gay when they hit puberty.

Comment

Working...
                                X