No announcement yet.

Obama Suggests Jesus Christ Not the Only Way to Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think Ben may be trying, by exampel, to dispell common misconceptions about about the Chatolic faith, such as it being in contradiction with scripture.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Then why do you talk like a protestant?
      Hmm?

The protestant in this thread is arguing sola fidae vs sola gratia.

I didn't know protestants talked about purgatory either.

Or said how much they liked the pope.

I'm not sure what you are looking for?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

but what about the muslim choice? i hear their heaven has lots of rice
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well I think Ben may be trying, by exampel, to dispell common misconceptions about about the Chatolic faith, such as it being in contradiction with scripture.
          Yep.

Gramps is a protestant so I use scripture to make my points.

I could go and say that it's in the catechism, but he wouldn't find that authoritative.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            but what about the muslim choice? i hear their heaven has lots of rice

Yeah sounds nice. The problem is you can't change your mind once you sign on.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
              The problem is you can't change your mind once you sign on.
              heh? i cant convert to islam?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Yep.

I could go and say that it's in the catechism, but he wouldn't find that authoritative.
                You sink down to their level and you become one of them. You know, we had the Inquisition for a reason.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  heh? i cant convert to islam?
                  No you can sign on (covert) but once you do you are not allowed to change your mind (according to Islamic law, I think under penalty of death) and even if you are not subject to it and you manage to convert to something else, you aren't allowed back no matter what you belive.

Comment

Yep.

Thanks Ben and thanks for the feedback
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You sink down to their level and you become one of them. You know, we had the Inquisition for a reason.

I prefer to think of it as using their own weapons against them.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

By sinking I am assuming your meaning Humbleness of which I pray to aspire to be, Bold in His witness but humble in Spirit

Comment

I prefer to think of it as using their own weapons against them.

No need to be a child of derision or Heretic Ben

Comment

What, you are calling me a heretic?

Isn't it usually the other way around?

Comment

What, you are calling me a heretic?

Isn't it usually the other way around?
                              Your denouncing the Infallible Word of God, The Bible

Is that not Heresy?

is it not the correct erm for one who [reaches Heresy to be referred to as a Heretic?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                                No you can sign on (covert) but once you do you are not allowed to change your mind (according to Islamic law, I think under penalty of death) and even if you are not subject to it and you manage to convert to something else, you aren't allowed back no matter what you belive.
                                but if i convert back to christianity, jesus christ will protect me from my muslim ex-brothers who will try to kill me, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X