Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Suggests Jesus Christ Not the Only Way to Heaven

Obama Suggests Jesus Christ Not the Only Way to Heaven

Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that Jesus Christ is not the only way to heaven during a campaign event in North Carolina.

While answering a question about his Christian faith, Obama said he believes that Jesus Christ died for his sins and through God’s grace and mercy he could have “everlasting life,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

But he also believes Jews and Muslims and non-believers who live moral lives are as much “children of God” as he is, according to The Associated Press.

As an example, he spoke about his late mother who was “not a believer.”

"[S]he was the kindest, most decent, generous person that I have ever known," Obama said, according to the Times. "I'm sure she is in heaven, even though she may not have subscribed to everything that I subscribe to."

Obama’s response came amid the recent controversy surrounding his former Chicago pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who made inflammatory remarks about race and America in sermons he delivered many years ago.

The Illinois senator, who has made religion a cornerstone of his campaign, has denounced the comments – which included “God damn America” for its racism – but refuses to distance himself from the pastor, whom he compares to an uncle.

During his response on Wednesday, Obama praised his church, Trinity United Church of Christ, especially its choir, and said it was very warm and welcoming and is like any other church in America in that it exists to praise God.

Obama also said he believes in putting the Gospel to action here on Earth and treating people with “dignity” and “respect” as children of God, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Currently, Obama is leading the Democratic race with 1,622 delegates compared to Hillary Clinton’s 1,485, according to CNN.

Jennifer Riley
    Christian Post Reporter

Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that Jesus Christ is not the only way to heaven during a campaign event in North Carolina

so do christians have an exclusivity on heaven? is it all christians or just the mormons as south park suggests? and is there one heaven or more? if it's one who does it belong too? if there are more than one, is there a review site i can check? can i switch? please help
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Well, protestants can't get into Heaven.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

They used to only let Mormons into Heaven until Hell's Legions started to outnumber them.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        Well, protestants can't get into Heaven.
        hmmm... why?
        (i dont have a clue what protestants are protesting about)

Comment

the man in your avatar.

so do christians have an exclusivity on heaven?
          No, there will be those who are without the law who are saved on following the law in their hearts. This is in Romans.

is it all christians or just the mormons as south park suggests?
          Those who are unaware of Christ won't be condemned for not knowing. Those who choose to reject him, will be excluded. Those who say they believe in him, but don't actually do so will be in the same boat. So many who are inside will be outside, and many outside will be inside.

and is there one heaven or more?
          Just one God, so there is only one heaven, since in heaven you are with Him.

if it's one who does it belong too?
          Christians say it belongs to Christ, because he proved that he was the Son of God when he died on the cross and rose again from the dead three days later.

if there are more than one, is there a review site i can check?
          We only know from what Christ told us. Heaven we get resurrection bodies that don't decay or grow old.

can i switch?
          Yes you can switch.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            the man in your avatar.
            protestants are against cartman??

Comment

Among other things.

And Ben isn't a real Catholic. I wonder if he can get into Heaven. Maybe purgatory.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                the man in your avatar.

No, there will be those who are without the law who are saved on following the law in their hearts. This is in Romans.

The Bible, God's inspired word, states no man enter the Kingdom of Heaven except through Jesus Christ.

He came to fulfill the Law not replace it.

Christians are those that believe in their Heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Ben is certainly correct that not all those say Lord Lord shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                  They used to only let Mormons into Heaven until Hell's Legions started to outnumber them.
                  Being surrounded for all eternity by Mormons who don't drink, don't smoke, and won't even allow caffeine is my own version of hell.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Being surrounded for all eternity by Mormons who won't even allow caffeine is my own version of hell.
                    Q F T

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                      The Bible, God's inspired word, states no man enter the Kingdom of Heaven except through Jesus Christ.
                      so what about Obama's mother?

that said, how many people care if Obama wants to believe that his mother is in heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                        Christians are those that believe in their Heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
                        what if they have no mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          so what about Obama's mother?

that said, how many people care if Obama wants to believe that his mother is in heaven?
                          Well, I am not the one to make that call Jesus Christ is.

I wouldnt wish anyone to go to Hell but only two people know for sure, his mother and our Creator, God in heaven.

No my words or Theology, just my belief in God's written word.

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            what if they have no mouth?
                            Well, if they can confess, I have absolutely no proof or documentaion that states a person who cant speak wqont end up in heaven

Christ healed the lame, the sick and the blind.

I would only hope that he would not hold this against anyone Mark.

Not even you sir

Gramps

Comment

Gramps:

Romans 2:12-6

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
                              Yes, there will be some for whom have not heard of Christ who will be saved by following the law in their heart. They will ve saved through Christ, for Christ is the one who saves them even if they do not know him.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X