America's Holy Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's definitely onto something.

But I-35 is small potatoes. The real deal is I-10. Cosider Isaiah, chapter 10, and remember that I-10 runs through...

Florida: "Depriving the needy of judgment and robbing my people's poor of their rights" (Verse 2)

New Orleans: "Against an impious nation I send him, and against a people under my wrath I order him To seize plunder, carry off loot, and tread them down like the mud of the streets." (Verse 6)

Texas and other areas seized from Mexico: "I have moved the boundaries of peoples, their treasures I have pillaged, and, like a giant, I have put down the enthroned." (Verse 13)

And Los Angeles: "Therefore the Lord, the LORD of hosts, will send among his fat ones leanness, And instead of his glory there will be kindling like the kindling of fire." (Verse 16)

Clearly, AAA needs to start giving out Bibles.

As for me, I've spent my whole life living along either I-94, I-80, or I-95. Isaiah only goes up to chapter 66. No wonder I'm not a fundie!
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Prophets
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

** reads the OP

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Churchgoers in all six states recently finished 35 days of praying alongside Interstate 35, but the prayers are still continuing.

Some of the faithful believe that in order to fulfill the prophecy of I-35 being the "holy" highway, it needs some intensive prayer first. So we watched as about 25 fervent and enthusiastic Christians prayed on the the interstate's shoulder in Dallas.

ive said it before but it never hurts to say it again...

Human Beings are absolutely, terrifyingly, and ridiculously stupid creatures
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

Watch the folks in the video clip: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/19/bts...ch#cnnSTCVideo

It doesn't get much crazier than that. :desire:

I mean, I'm all for religion and prayer -- I consider myself a very religious person -- but the stuff shown in that video IMHO is just totally nuts.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
              She's definitely onto something.

But I-35 is small potatoes. The real deal is I-10. Cosider Isaiah, chapter 10, and remember that I-10 runs through...

Florida: "Depriving the needy of judgment and robbing my people's poor of their rights" (Verse 2)

New Orleans: "Against an impious nation I send him, and against a people under my wrath I order him To seize plunder, carry off loot, and tread them down like the mud of the streets." (Verse 6)

Texas and other areas seized from Mexico: "I have moved the boundaries of peoples, their treasures I have pillaged, and, like a giant, I have put down the enthroned." (Verse 13)

And Los Angeles: "Therefore the Lord, the LORD of hosts, will send among his fat ones leanness, And instead of his glory there will be kindling like the kindling of fire." (Verse 16)

Clearly, AAA needs to start giving out Bibles.

As for me, I've spent my whole life living along either I-94, I-80, or I-95. Isaiah only goes up to chapter 66. No wonder I'm not a fundie!

Comment

Didn't know it was the same highway for that bridge in Minnesota.

I've seen the image, doesn't seem crazy at all. What's so crazy about having an impromptu prayer session?

Praying for other people.

I-35 as the holy highway,
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                  Churchgoers in all six states recently finished 35 days of praying alongside Interstate 35, but the prayers are still continuing.

Some of the faithful believe that in order to fulfill the prophecy of I-35 being the "holy" highway, it needs some intensive prayer first. So we watched as about 25 fervent and enthusiastic Christians prayed on the the interstate's shoulder in Dallas.

I wonder if those were the days when the ice sheet hit?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    I've seen the image, doesn't seem crazy at all. What's so crazy about having an impromptu prayer session?
                    I meant the CNN video. The way they pray is... different.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    Praying for other people.
                    Ditto.
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

In response to the OP:

Has it occured to this stupid b#### that there is no letter I in hebrew because it uses a different lettering system and that makes it impossible to abbreviate it in hebrew.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                        In response to the OP:

Has it occured to this stupid b#### that there is no letter I in hebrew because it uses a different lettering system and that makes it impossible to abbreviate it in hebrew.....
                        I really don't think she thought that far. I think her thought processes went something like this: "Isaiah 35... Highway? I-35 Highway of course!"

Fallacious thinking: the immediate answer must be the correct one.

Comment

Are these people far enough on the "fringe" for us to call them deluded w/o a backlash from certain posters?
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                            Are these people far enough on the "fringe" for us to call them deluded w/o a backlash from certain posters?
                            I'm too new here to know who the certain posters are, but I've got immunity because my wife is an evangelical Christian.

These people are deluded fringers. Prayer is nice, but no, Isaiah wasn't referring to Interstate 35 when he was dictating his chunk of the Bible, and it is pure delusion to think otherwise.

Comment

Okay then. Just trying to get straight what believers in imaginary beings I have to treat seriously and what ones I'm allowed to mock. The dividing line seems a little fuzzy.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                                Okay then. Just trying to get straight what believers in imaginary beings I have to treat seriously and what ones I'm allowed to mock. The dividing line seems a little fuzzy.
                                It depends if the idea is new enough to have not been indoctrinated into believers at a young age. If it's too new, it just sounds absurd.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X