X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've got it.

Water to wine is

Isaiah = Rt35
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Correct. Confine your atheist assbaggery to Kid's unicorn thread, that's what it's there for. This thread is for one specific case of fundy nuttiness.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"assbaggery" - That's a new one on me. I'll look into it.

"fundy nuttiness" - Just a difference in degree from the regular religious nuttiness.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's a portmanteau of asshat and douchebaggery. It suggests a combination of imbecility and incivility. My, I love the English language!
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
            "fundy nuttiness" - Just a difference in degree from the regular religious nuttiness.
            The way I see it, there's a very BIG difference between "Feasible (+ some degree of faith required)" and "Totally Unfeasible."
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I

The way I see it, there's a very BIG difference between "Feasible (+ some degree of faith required)" and "Totally Unfeasible."
              I see little difference in feasibility between prophecy about this highway and say, ghosts and resurrection, which are beliefs held by mainstream catholics.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                I see little difference in feasibility between prophecy about this highway and say, ghosts and resurrection, which are beliefs held by mainstream catholics.
                That's because you're a militant atheist.

The dividing line between the miraculous and the ludicrous is simple. Is the miracle/revelation/theophany/etc. necessary for any revealed purpose? And is it in sync with the precedent of the faith it is supposed to affirm, ie. is it in agreement with what any confirmed authority (prophet/scripture) has said on the matter?

Moses' authority was simple. What he basically said was, "I spoke with God. This is what he told me to tell you."

Jesus' authority was also simple. He essentially said, "I am the Son of God. This is what God wants you to do."

The lady in Texas is saying, "I wanted to be a minister, so I went to some school and got a divinity degree. Wouldn't it be cool if...(insert crazy idea here)"

Do you see the difference?
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Sorry Alexander. I had enough of this yesterday. Catch me next time round.

Comment

I 35 killed my cousin
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I live off of I-35 in TX. Boy, does it need all the help it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        Correct. Confine your atheist assbaggery to Kid's unicorn thread, that's what it's there for. This thread is for one specific case of fundy nuttiness.
                        What is the difference between these things?

1) Believing in Santa Clause
                        2) Believing in Jesus
                        3) Believing in Unicorns
                        4) Believing that I-35 is God's highway

Don't think about it too long now.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The highway had pretty bad traffic on it early today from Georgetown to 290, FYI.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Thanks Apoc, that was helpful.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                              I live off of I-35 in TX. Boy, does it need all the help it can get.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I also live off 35, FYI Asher
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X