Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OP was good though I did have an Atari 2600.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Atari 2600

We got that one in the very late 80s. The first computer system I played on. We digged those block-pixel games.

Comment

• Comment

• My dad was born in the 50s, and I don't even want to go there, because the sort of stuff he did when he was a child would make all of us look like total wimps.
          Yes, and that's the sad part.

I remember reading an article about that how kids today are supposed to be protected from things like that.

Protected from what? Having fun?

Used to always go and explore and my folks didn't mind so long as I was back for dinner.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I used to play an Asteroids type game ("blaster" something?) on that machine.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Indeed, it was the 1986 version and I think we got it in 1989/90. Must have been one of the first western electronical products my parents bought.

We had Space Invaders, Pole Position, Pac Man and a cartridge with 64 cheapo games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                Pole
                Heresson
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Ecthy, that was one of the late model Atari 2600. I had one of the originals from the late 70's with actual metal switches on it. also mine had a fake wood finish at the bottom instead of the all black finish. People just loved fake wood in the 70's.

Comment

• The rich kids down the street got one of these Atari 2800 which came with 2 controllers (the 2600 only came with one) and two extra buttons on the consul. They were a pause button and I forgot what the other one did.

Comment

• I know, my father has a big radio from the like 60s that actually uses the pre-transistor tech and has fancy pseudo-wood-finishing all over it. Frequency scope: MHz 100-108. or was it 90-100? All I remember half of the scope used nowadays is missing on it. It's still working and larger than late desktop PC.

Comment

• Yeah, my dad had some old army surplus vacuum tube radio that he played with as a hobby. When you turned it on you had to let the vacuum tubes warm up for a while before it would start working and if any of several dozen vacuum tubes went bad it was a ***** to figure out which one it was.

I remember my uncle telling my dad just to forget about that old radio and to buy a transistor radio and my dad's response was "If there was a nuclear war none of those transistor things would work but this one will!"

Comment

Working...
                        X