No announcement yet.

The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first name + 3000. I'm not exactly sure why I picked 3000 outside the fact that it's sort of a nifty number.

Over here we measure our fuel economy in miles per gallon. Over there it's gallons per mile
    You are a traitor to the metric system.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000

You are a traitor to the metric system.
      Last time I checked Britain was not a French colony.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside

Last time I checked, only America, Liberia, and Burma did not use the metric system.

Besides, it's only consistent for someone to use the same system of measurements for everything. The British should use some decimal multiple of kg/m or m/kg to measure gas efficiency, not use the awful Imperial System.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

The metric system is superior in every way, and much easier.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
            Indeed, rationalty has never arrived on those islands
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The metric system hasn't been used all that long.
              Europe needs to return to the Base 10 system and quit trying to be innovative.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Tassi
                Oh, I still am. Its just that, as a commie, I was too lazy to keep typing in "Comrade" every time I wanted to log in

Can I quote this in the next cap/com debate??
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I initially signed up here under another name, which I soon decided I didn't like, so when I went to change my login, I went back to my MOO2 days. For MOO2, I needed a way to sort planets by their colonization dates and (roughly) how developed they were. So I began naming them alphabetically: Aabraxa, Basilica, Catatonica, Dublin, etc. Eventually, I began calling my people the Aabraxans. So Aabraxan seemed like a good choice.

Comment

Oh, man. I just assumed it was based on Santana.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      The metric system hasn't been used all that long.
                      Europe needs to return to the Base 10 system and quit trying to be innovative.
                      Base... ten... system? But, uh, the metric system is already base ten. Unless you mean some other sort of system, which in that case I'm utterly confused about what the PRH you are saying.

Comment

• You being confused is no big shocker.

Comment

Oh, man. I just assumed it was based on Santana.
                          That would have been much cooler and I probably should have claimed that. I do recall that at one time, I was naming my first planet Aalderaan (probably misspelled from Star Wars) and changed it to Aabraxa. It's very possible that I got the second name from Santana, but I really don't remember.

Comment

You being confused is no big shocker.
                            Of course I am. I was the founder of Demesos, after all.

Comment

• The origins of my name are now lost to the sands of time, but it may have something to do with the mathematical properties of 4,913.
                              B♭3

Comment

• SMAC + my high school nicknname

I'd use my best nickname but I don't want people putting their noses into my gay personal profiles
                                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X