No announcement yet.

The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason for my username is a state secret.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

My username is just a cheesy play on Court House - the civ building. I was nearly called Cathy Drall, though in retrospect I'm glad I'm not.

Haus has a German feel to it and my RL surname is German, so that's appropriate. Hause is also a word for a mountain pass/path/route in the Lake District in England where I go for most of my holidays.

Cort is spelled like that for no reason other than it can be, as a footballer (Carl Cort) had it as a lastname.

Comment

Oerdin Farr was my favorite AD&D character; a Half-Elf F/M/T from 1st edition. I started using the handle Oerdin on the local BBSes around the time I was late 13 to early 14 years old and later after I started surfing the web I just kept using the same handle. Prior to that I used the handle Kutter.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          Ming and I grew up playing those games.

I was always amused from the suggestion That Jutland was best played on a gymnasium floor.
          Born in Jutland, I'm a bit curious - what do you mean ?

BlackCat, well I had a black cat when I sold my soul and joined
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            The reason for my username is a state secret.
            I thought it was just a shortening of Sageous Daulphin. I'm not sure how you got from Big Crunch to Sageous Daulphin though.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

apt

Comment

My initials + ap at the end to make it sound better.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My last name backwards with a K instead of a C ("Eloc" looked stupid to me). That's it.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Dis

shortened from Dissident, which was shortened from Dissident Aggressor. Which was the name of a Judas Priest song that was also covered by Slayer which I thought was a cool user name.

eventually my user name will be D. After that, it will be a little more difficult to shorten.

Comment

Shaygetz is a rude term in Yiddish, and some Jewish comrades decided ti would be fun to start insulting me in Yiddish. When that term came up, I just said, "Shaygetz? Yeah, Shaygetz Guevara" as I had learnt recently that "Che" was pronounced "shay," though some Argenchileans tell me I'm wrong, but what do they know about how he was called in Cuba? Anyway, I changed the spelling to keep the pun going in written form.

I started using it politically on the internet twelve years ago, and then just started using it for everything. I've even signed print articles under this name.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Koyaanisqatsi is the Hopi word for 'life out of balance'. It is also an outrageously pretentious but cool looking art movie.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Do you always wear one to help you remember your name?
                          hey! i was going to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

eventually my user name will be D.
                            can't
                            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

can't
                              Ming should delete him
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

now I'm pissed. Time to bump my thread in the community section. I hate all these inactive posters taking the good user names.

Comment

Working...
                                X