The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dis
    who is wiglaf, and what dragons did he slay?
    He didn't slay any. He just stood around and claimed victory after a Dragon ate Beowulf

As for me....

Only one man would dare give him the Razzberry....

LONESTAR!!!!!!!
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I think mine is pretty obvious... I mean Japher... monkeys... pretty self-explanitory
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• No, not really. Nope.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• we now understand the "slow" part of your "user namer"...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Bumped since I closed a dup thread about this.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
              A young man, 14 years old, is sitting in front of his computer with its brand spanking new internet connection. He needs a nickname. He has a map of the constellations of the northern sky on his wall.

He does not have a book on Greek mythology.
              One of, maybe, four time I actually did laugh out loud.

I have no idea what the guy in the next cube thinks. Imagine hearing "Kasipea, HAHAHAHAH!!" from over the cube wall.

Mine, as I mentioned in my barely concealed effort to hyjack this subject, is my name: Padilla, H.

Tom P.
              ^^^--- middle name.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                Bumped since I closed a dup thread about this.
                Thread necromancy
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

Thread necromancy
                  "There are no more original ideas." - Unknown

Tom P.

Comment

• to get back on topic...

MY name comes from a character from Robert Asprin's book M.Y.T.H. inc, a "demon" known as AAHZ (hence the pic below my name.) I also used the name as a character for one of my RPG's for over a decade...
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• It's a variation on the 'Uncle Sam' theme. For my high school graduation ball, I dressed as closely as possible as to resemble Uncle Sam, but in red instead, with a communist symbol on the hat. People were like 'oh, here's Uncle Boris', so I kept the nickname.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• You tried to dress as Uncle Sam for your graduation?

I've never heard of something like that before.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Maybe it was clown college.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Re: The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            I've wondered about what some of them could mean ("Brachy-pride," "Kuciwalker," "Cort Haus," etc.). Why don't you tell us?

Mine's easy: Shiva is my first name, and since it was already taken when I signed up, and since I'd lost the password to my original SirShiva, I settled on Lord.

There's nothing nuanced or complicated about my username.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I started using Sir Og when playing HOMM2 multi player. I liked knight heroes the best hence "Sir" and Og is the first two letters from my real name.
                              Og was supposed to sound barbarish because I liked the barbarian towns armies.
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                                It's a variation on the 'Uncle Sam' theme. For my high school graduation ball, I dressed as closely as possible as to resemble Uncle Sam, but in red instead, with a communist symbol on the hat. People were like 'oh, here's Uncle Boris', so I kept the nickname.
                                Lie Fake Boris! Just Kidding.

Oh, and my username means nothing at all. I just thought is sounded cool, but now everyone calls me Kid and I'm 38.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X