No announcement yet.

The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved the work of Peter Sellers as a kid, having been a kid back before movie ratings were invoked, which would have prevented me from seeing most of his work. Doctor Strangelove or How I Learned to Love the Bomb opened to theaters a few years after the Cuban Missle Crisis, at which time I learned that the US government loved our beautiful southwest Virginia so much that it built the "secret" bomb shelter for the US Congress there, probably ensuring one or more nuclear strikes by the Soviet Union if nuclear war ever came.

I briefly used the name "Merkin Muffley" here recently. Merkin Muffley was the name for the US president in that movie. On other forums I use the name "Tully Bascombe", a character in the Peter Sellers movie The Mouse Who Roared. Tully was the sergent of arms sent to America to wage war with a handful of medieval armed soldiers in the hopes that the US would soon defeat them then come revive the economy of their homeland with a generous foreign aid deal. Tully accidently bungles this plan by stealing the world's most powerful bomb, the "Q" bomb.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• @ your registration date
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• What's happened to your registration date Strangelove?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• You know that my computer went down for a month. I had to get Solver to edit my account in order to get my old username back. I guess he did something.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Start a thread in A/C to complain
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• My username is because "The Last Conformist" is too long.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Wycoff was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. I thought that it sounded cool, so I used it.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Start a thread in A/C to complain
                  too late

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• initials and the product of my birthday
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You were born in 144 AD?
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• for those few that remember me from when i started posting back in the AC forums i used the handle edgecrusher. in fact i think there's still some old posts in /fiction that still bear that name. i changed my name shortly after an ex of mine had broken up with me by calling me a "narcissitic, self-absorbed *******." i informed her that i wasn't any of those things, but merely self-biased, and trying to look out for my own best intrests. though i was going to pieces at the time, i liked the ring of it and changed my name to follow suit. that will be six years ago march 29th.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
                            initials and the product of my birthday
                            1/2-72? 2/1-72? European style.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Zoid is short for Dr Zoidberg, my previous nick
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Just to check, are you the same Dr Zoidberg as on the paradox forums Zoidie?

Comment

Working...
                                X