The "Explain Your Username" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh not again...

Provost from the university faction in SMAC, and Harrison is my surname...quite simple...it was the game I was playing at the time I registered and the faction most aligned to my mindset
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
      You for 1.

Spec.
      Too lazy to do that, really. Anyways...

Lorizael Lomaut, Elven Wu Jen Conjurer from AD&D. Most famous for mastering the Grease spell and even creating his own version, Lorizael's Grease, which got better as he advanced.

Lorizael was one of my first characters. He's still my favorite, and he's also the most asinine.

I thought I came up with the name Lorizael all by myself but eventually discovered that I'd subconsciously stolen it from the second edition Eldar Codex, in which a piece of colour details the story of a jetbiker bearing the name.

Being my favorite and one of my first characters, I used the name all over the place online until it was replaced by other things. I've been too lazy to change my handle on Apolyton to update my more recent trends, and when I attempted to get Ming to change it he got drunk and forgot.

The end.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nickname provided by co-worker at a deli where I worked.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          I looked at my name tag.
          Do you always wear one to help you remember your name?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            Guynemer = Georges Guynemer, a French WWI fighter pilot I learned about when I played Red Baron obsessively for years.
            Red Baron

Albatross D.II/III
            Sopwith Camel
            Spad S.XIII
            Fokker D VII.

-Arrian
            Last edited by Arrian; December 4, 2006, 13:35.
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

He was French.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Red Baron

Sopwith Camel
                Spad S.XIII
                Fokker D VII.
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  He was French.
                  Yeah - he should of picked Rickenbacker!
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

Being my favorite and one of my first characters, I used the name all over the place online until it was replaced by other things. I've been too lazy to change my handle on Apolyton to update my more recent trends, and when I attempted to get Ming to change it he got drunk and forgot.

The end.
                      My origins are similar. Rat and Wezil were a pair of 1/2ling thieves.

Much later the names were reused for a pair of pet ferrets.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                        It's my name
                        Mine is the abbreviation of my name
                        Blah

Comment

SE5 Forgot about that one.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            SE5 Forgot about that one.

-Arrian
                            Camberwell?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Yeah - he should of picked Rickenbacker!
                              Have or should've if you want to contract it to a more spoken form. Can't anyone speak the damn language correctly?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Provost Harrison is Brit slang for, " I can't drive for squat".

Comment

Working...
                                X