Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Is there much interest in this for this year?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Depends who is going to play and how they're going to play this year...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A common refrain, I'd imagine.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

How about you two run separate leagues?

Or promise to keep your flamewars out of the pool threads?

Or just agree to meet somewhere with a measuring tape and decide the matter once and for all?

I'm game once again, but I'm sincerely hoping we come to some sort of gentleman's agreement about personal flamewars and the appropriate intensity of trask-talk in general. And I don't think we should have any of the historic hot-heads be commisioner.

I think you all know by now that I'll remain active as well.

Comment

I shall consider this.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
            How about you two run separate leagues?

Or promise to keep your flamewars out of the pool threads?

Or just agree to meet somewhere with a measuring tape and decide the matter once and for all?

I'm game once again, but I'm sincerely hoping we come to some sort of gentleman's agreement about personal flamewars and the appropriate intensity of trask-talk in general. And I don't think we should have any of the historic hot-heads be commisioner.

I think you all know by now that I'll remain active as well.

I run another league every year with friends & colleagues & former colleagues, I would definitely not run this league again knowing that several pool newbies, who shall remain nameless, like to poke and prod people's buttons and step out of line.

I would be fine entering this league provided that the commish isn't notyoueither or joncha. If anyone's interested in another league let me know and I can add you to the invite list for my larger league.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm interested....

Comment

i'm in.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I shalle consider this once again.

Didn't have the time last year tho
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                    I'm sincerely hoping we come to some sort of gentleman's agreement about personal flamewars and the appropriate intensity of trask-talk in general. And I don't think we should have any of the historic hot-heads be commisioner.
                    QF I AGREE!
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I run another league every year with friends & colleagues & former colleagues, I would definitely not run this league again knowing that several pool newbies, who shall remain nameless, like to poke and prod people's buttons and step out of line.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I've created a league called Apolyton. ID Edit: not this one, use the one Kontiki created. ID: 7983, Password: monkey

I could give up the controlling account to any commissioner widely accepted. My view though, is that commissioners shouldn't be doing much of anything other than playing along with the rest of you
                        Last edited by notyoueither; August 25, 2006, 23:47.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

The only thing I would suggest is that trades require commissioners approval so that situations where there is widespread outcry can be headed off.

The issue is getting the right commissioner, and that is up to the players.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Settings as they are now.

We discussed adding roster spots to head off endless drops last season, rather than imposing a limit on roster moves.

We also discussed adding a skater stat like SH points.

It's all up for discussion.

---

League ID#: 1082

League Name: Apolyton

Password: DanQrr

Draft Type: Offline Draft

Max Teams: 20

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 8, 2007

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Min Games Played: 3 [this is for goalies per gameweek. If you don't get 3 games played, you lose all goalie stats.]

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GAA, SV%, SHO
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

I'm in. I always miss this one, but this year I'm in, thanks notyoueither!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X