Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    October 2004 I quit smoking and gained 40 pounds
    You're not implying this is a causal link are you?

Good luck with the dieting
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Well I just PMd you back because I thought you were unclear what I meant at this point. Damn, this is getting messy!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You're not implying this is a causal link are you?
        I smoked a pack a day.

When I quit, I think Winston also quit... for like a day.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

The odd thing with BMI is that it assumes that taller people should be more gracile.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
            The odd thing with BMI is that it assumes that taller people should be more gracile.

Sorry, but I do not see what's funny.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

I smoked a pack a day.

When I quit, I think Winston also quit... for like a day.
              2 weeks.

Going on 30 a day now.

Comment

get the patch

I used the patch and still smoked, dropped to 5 a day and just tried to wean myself. It was tough, but the patch really helps to kick the habit.

I would wear it to bed, got strange dreams, but didn't wake up craving a cig. I would take it off in the shower and see how long I could go with out putting another one on. Then I would put it on and have a cig... would generally smoke in the evening just because I was bored.

I still miss it.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I tried it once.

Felt like there was a party in my lungs and everyone was on fire.

Needless to say I haven't gone there again since.
                  "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                  Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                    I tried it once.

Felt like there was a party in my lungs and everyone was on fire.
                    That's how I'm starting to feel again after 25+ years of smoking.

---

I'm glad that you managed to quit it Japher.

I hope I will too before long, but it's just not on the table for me right now, so to speak.

Comment

I got a belly:

6 feet, 200 lbs.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

5'7", 175lbs. Out of shape, could stand to lose 20 lbs, honestly. I'm built slim - I'm the fat skinny guy who hides it pretty well. I get minimal excercise. The plan is to join the local YMCA and go swimming. My wife and I have been meaning to do this for a while now... but we still haven't gotten around to it.

Luckily, owning a hyper lab means we have to occasionally move around.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm a bit out of shape - trying to rectify that right now and get back into my old workout routine - but I wouldn't say I'm fat at 5'10" 170lbs. My metabolism really caught up with me at about at about 25-26. Before that, I could eat anything and barely put on a pound. Have to be much more careful now.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Sorry, but I do not see what's funny.
                            I just thought of myself.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer

Only 17. I'm generally about 60kg and I'm over 185cm (almost stopped growing). Anything below 18.5 BMI is underweight and I've never been above that. On a side note I also have no idea how to convert from the logical metric measurements to those silly imperial ones.
                              You don't need to. I know how to do it.

You're around 6'1 and 132 lbs
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I suppose it's worth noting that the recommended BMI ranges are for fully grown people. Teens are generally skinnier, even ones that have attained adult height.
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X