No announcement yet.

No Habla Espanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, when I was in school our spanish teachers encouraged us to talk in spanish with other students whenever we could to help us learn the language. She would praise us if she saw us using it in the corridors at school. Man, how times have changed, but then we didn't grow up in KANSAS
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Geez, I didn't know Americans were so wound up about speaking spanish. When I worked as a bookbinder, all my coworkers chatted back and forth in Tagalog.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Tagalog? WTF?

Y no comprenda!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yo no comprendo, Japher (I think - yeesh, 5 years of Spanish and I'm useless with it. Maybe I shoulda used it in the halls more often...)

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Had about four years, and of what I remember, I can find out where the bathroom is, and use some bathroom vocabulary, plus a few other things.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Isn't it time you send in the US Army and puts Kansas in order?
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

They tried, and they couldn't find Kansas... is that near Indiana?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Tagalog? WTF?

Y no comprenda!
                  I was in Vancouver at the time. Plenty of Filipinos there.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

how many americans actually live in former colonies of spain?

florida+texas+california + other cow boy states is quite a lot of people
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

How many Americans are actually decended from anyone who actually lived in those areas when Spain governed them? Damn few.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bah. Never mind; misread the previous post.
                        Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; December 13, 2005, 23:32.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Is he getting punished for speaking spanish? No.

He's being punished for not listening to his superiors who told him not to speak spanish.

Why he isn't allowed to speak spanish is beyond me, but is a matter for the schools to decide. At least before a court does.

Question; how does this violate his civil rights?
                          "You can't just walk in and become a citizen," he said. "They make you take this government test. I studied for that test, and I learned that in America, they can't punish you unless you violate a written policy."

Rubio said he remembered that lesson on Nov. 28, when he received a call from Endeavor Alternative saying his son had been suspended.

"So I went to the principal and said, 'My son, he's not suspended for fighting, right? He's not suspended for disrespecting anyone. He's suspended for speaking Spanish in the hall?' So I asked her to show me the written policy about that. But they didn't have" one.

In favour of arbitrary use of power by the head massa?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I say, go Dad! Give 'em hell and remind 'em of what they force immigrants to learn!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                              More examples of typical American unquestioning worship of authority in this thread.

So-called 'legitimate authority', and the blind obedience of it is the worst problem in the world today. Nothing is more inherently dangerous to human freedom than a person who thinks they deserve your respect because of some job/uniform/symbol whatever. This 'teacher is just George Bush writ small.

BTW, Canadians, it's thanks to people like my dad that you no longer have to sing/hear 'God Save the Queen' in public schools, because he and many other spent every morning in detention for not rising (this was pre-Charter of Rights). **** authority.
                              Tell that to kids in Ontario who want a driver's license...
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X