No announcement yet.

No Habla Espanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But now, starts seeing those and decide he may want to sue.

It would, IMHO, be a frivolous lawsuit.
    It shows he's a truly assimilated American.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

It really pisses me off when my students speak foreign languages in the hallway. Throw the book at this kid.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        It really pisses me off when my students speak foreign languages in the hallway. Throw the book at this kid.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico

It shows he's a truly assimilated American.
          34 hours for someone to catch on.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

More retardation from Kansas.

I think all students should now speak ONLY Spanish at all times until the so-called 'legimate authority' changes it's stupid fascist policy.

More examples of typical American unquestioning worship of authority in this thread.

So-called 'legitimate authority', and the blind obedience of it is the worst problem in the world today. Nothing is more inherently dangerous to human freedom than a person who thinks they deserve your respect because of some job/uniform/symbol whatever. This 'teacher is just George Bush writ small.

BTW, Canadians, it's thanks to people like my dad that you no longer have to sing/hear 'God Save the Queen' in public schools, because he and many other spent every morning in detention for not rising (this was pre-Charter of Rights). **** authority.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Yes, in the halls. The school is responsible for that child and his actions from the minute he steps on campues to the minute the bus drops him off. Not just that kid, but all kids.

Jolly good show.

Let's hope the school comes down hard on the child, and prevents him from using any words that do not have an officially approved American Anglo-Saxon origin.

Like 'television'- half Greek, half Latin- a miscegenated word!!!!

'Law'- Old Norse

'Legal' - Latin

'Campus' - Latin

and of course:

'Kansas' from the French, from a Sioux word.

The sooner the better we can all go back to speaking this way:

Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle,
              hwæt me gemætte to midre nihte,
              syðþan reordberend reste wunedon!
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Japher: you watch too much CNN. The xenophobic paranoia has gotten to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                  It's well known that only English of Anglo-Saxon origin people created and inhabit the United States of America.

After all, the Spanish founded St. Augustine in Florida in 1565, well after those gringos landed on Roanoke in 1586, and long after Plimouth Plantation in 1620, which was of course itself founded long before Santa Fe in New Mexico (1607).

Goodwife Prudence No Habl'Espanol warms herself with a burning Spaniard:
                  Attached Files

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I'm not Xenophobic... I just hate mexicans
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Hey Molly Bloom what a coincidence my Old English mid-term is tomorrow, mostly the venerable Bede and 'The Dream of the Rood'.

Njal's Saga too.

Please please please lets not go back to speaking Anglo-Saxon, 4 cases, no future tense whatsoever, no defined word order, gendered-everything....heck it combines the worst attributes of modern german and modern english.
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

we should only be allowed to speak like a PIRATE!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                          Hey Molly Bloom what a coincidence my Old English mid-term is tomorrow, mostly the venerable Bede and 'The Dream of the Rood'.
                          I really enjoyed 'The Dream of the Rood' and 'The Wanderer'.

Wasn't mad about Aelfric's 'Life of King Oswald', or King Alfred thinking that Old English worked better with a Latin grammar...

Best of luck conning your kennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                            Just imagine if he watched FOX!

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

FOX? What channel is that?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

FAUX.
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X