No announcement yet.

Ban working on Sundays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thanks. People who make laws to protect others from themselves from "working hard" ... well, that's pretty ****in' pathetic.
    We make laws protecting people from themselves from "partying hard", i.e. drugs, and the negative effects of working ridiculous hours are hardly questionable.

I support the idea of a limitation on maximum number of working hours a week, though that doesn't mean stores and such can't open on Sundays.
    Read my post. I don't support the chicken**** Christian idea of no work on a Sunday, why not a Saturday to appease the Jews or Muslims? I think 48 hours a week absolute maximum, as it is in the UK IIRC, is about right.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

I think 48 hours a week absolute maximum, as it is in the UK IIRC, is about right.
      If youre running a small shop, and have no employees, and youre competing against a chain, you'll end up working 7 days a week anyway.

How about requiring all retailers to be closed one day per week, but not specifiying what day that is?
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

If youre running a small shop, and have no employees, and youre competing against a chain, you'll end up working 7 days a week anyway.

How about requiring all retailers to be closed one day per week, but not specifiying what day that is?
        I am all in favor of that.

A number of small restaurantes I know of are generally closed Monday (they want to give themselves a break.. but don't want to do it durring the busy times)

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The rationale of the Church is that Sunday is for the family and the Church, and poor lowly payed clerks and other staff should not risk being fired for wanting to stay home on that day.
          Yeah it is a big dilemma for plenty of folks who do want to attend church on a regular basis, but also need to work. The question is the day. I think businesses should allow an employee to stay home on Sundays, but the problem I used to run across is that there are certain shifts. The fellow with the highest seniority had the shift with Sunday off, well the rest of the folks had to live with the other shifts.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
          X