Ban working on Sundays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban working on Sundays?

Well, a controvery about this is raging in my neck of woods, with the Catholic Church for the second time intent on getting working on Sunday illegal for shops and such.

I know many countries have similar legislation. Be kind and take the poll

The rationale of the Church is that Sunday is for the family and the Church, and poor lowly payed clerks and other staff should not risk being fired for wanting to stay home on that day.

I of course oppose the idea and the legislation. One should be free to work or shop on Sundays. Don't you think?
    It's banned here and I support the ban.
    2.00%
    It's banned here and I oppose the ban.
    8.00%
    It's allowed here and I like it that way.
    82.00%
    It's allowed here and I want it banned.
    4.00%
    Lousy poll VetLegion, no Banana for you!
    4.00%

I do nothing I don't want to on Sunday. I'll schedule a factory with volunteers. What do I choose?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What kind of reactionary hellhole would ban working on Sundays period?

Comment

Well not for everyone, only shops and such. Malls, shopping outlets of every kind, probably restaurants too (not sure) and so on.

Comment

We had a "Blue Law" briefly in Texas. Didn't work.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Singapore has no ban for working on Sundays.

It opens up part-time jobs
            Business moves faster
            And I believe it decreases stress. How many times have you needed to something with some organisation/company, but couldn't, because you were stuck at work, and they close on the weekends?
            be free

Comment

we should ban working on Sundays so everyone can watch NFL Football

well, obviously some people would still have to work... like the beer vendors and stuff
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you should not be forced to work on your holy day

whether that is the Sabbath, or Sunday, or Friday, or Wednesday

it should not matter

but since there is not agreement.. there should not be a state holy day

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

All the US Constitution says is there will be no government endorsed religion. Freedom of religion.

Comment

every day is my holy day
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                      Well not for everyone, only shops and such. Malls, shopping outlets of every kind, probably restaurants too (not sure) and so on.
                      That's just silly.

So shops open when everybody goes to work and has no time shopping. Then, when they have a free day the shops can't open for business?

Man, the RCC needs to examine its collective head.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

so UR, what is your holy day?

oh yeah you are a godless commie
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, but not everything is about money. You know, morals and stuff, values, culture. I kind of understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            Yeah, but not everything is about money. You know, morals and stuff, values, culture. I kind of understand that.
                            Yeah, but I don't see why people aren't allowed to work on Sundays if they want to do so.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              every day is my holy day
                              Welfare recipient?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X