Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wouldn't surprise me if he left, although I don't expect him to. After 7 games, Notre Dame's recordbook already lies in ruin.

I don't expect him to leave because if he left, he wouldn't be viewed among the ND greats. The possibility of being among Montana, Theismann, Hornung, Lujack, etc. has to have a special pull.
    Last edited by DanS; October 23, 2005, 17:07.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Exactly .

I actually think Quinn, if he continues what he's doing, could go in the Top 10. Right now I think it's 50-50 whether he takes the pro money.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I cross edited you.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Not too many games between Top 25 teams this week:

#13 Boston College at #3 Virginia Tech on Thursday night is as big as they get this week. I think we're about to find out just how grossly overrated the Eagles are.

#4 Georgia vs. #16 Florida ought to be interesting, given the rivalry and the fact that the Dawgs will likely be using their backup quarterback. Expect the ranks of the unbeaten to get thinned here.

#25 Michigan at #21 Northwestern could go a long way in clearing up the Big Ten race, or could just hopelessly muddle it up. The Wolverine D looks to be overmatched by a ferocious Northwestern offense.

Some potential sleeper upset picks?

#12 Ohio State at Minnesota

#8 UCLA at Stanford

Maryland at #10 Florida State
          Last edited by Guynemer; October 23, 2005, 17:02.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The possibility of a great amount of money also has a special pull . There is the threat of injury if you come back to school, without a severely large signing bonus to fall back on.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              The possibility of a great amount of money also has a special pull . There is the threat of injury if you come back to school, without a severely large signing bonus to fall back on.
              Touché. Although I do think that insurance is available re injuries, like Leinart has.

Comment

• The insurance isn't that much, IIRC. It isn't nearly the value of an NFL signing bonus for one. Leinhart is also a wierd case. I think EVERYONE was shocked when he said he wanted to stay. In this era, when you are Top 10 material, the thing to do, apparently, is take the money. No one expected Leinhart to stay for his senior year.

Comment

• Why wouldn't he? He's a god on campus, there's no pro team in town to take away the spotlight, the odds of him having a career-threatening injury is exaggerated... or, he could have been drafted by a gawd-awful NFL team and either sat on the bench all year or been fed to the lions (pun intended) behind a weak O-line.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                    Why wouldn't he? He's a god on campus, there's no pro team in town to take away the spotlight, the odds of him having a career-threatening injury is exaggerated... or, he could have been drafted by a gawd-awful NFL team and either sat on the bench all year or been fed to the lions (pun intended) behind a weak O-line.
                    He will be anyway. Leinhart is going to be picked #1 this year as well, by Houston.

And the prospect of millions usually overwhelms the wants of players to be 'God on campus' . I bet Reggie Bush leaves after his Junior year, for one.

Comment

• Personally, I might feel like it was my responsibility to take the money, if I were in Leinart's or Bush's situation (assuming Bush wins the Heisman).

As Imran says, Quinn might be in a different situation, considering that he has not yet maximized his value for the NFL.

Comment

• Leinhart, Bush, and White can ALL leave after this year. Pete Carroll is going to have to reload (though I'm sure either Bush or White will stay to be the unquestioned starter for their Senior year... probably White).

Comment

• Quinn might be in a different situation, considering that he has not yet maximized his value for the NFL.

IMO, it depends on the bowl game. If Quinn lights it up, 5 TD, etc, etc., he ROCKETS up the draft charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Leinhart is going to be picked #1 this year as well, by Houston.
                            That would just be an incredibly stupid pick on the part of the Texans. David Carr isn't the problem - the problem is that he's running for his fricking life on every play because there's no one in front of him to protect him. If I'm the Texans, I trade down with a team that needs a quarterback (like Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, or Green Bay if Favre retires) and I draft the best offensive lineman this draft has.

And if I'm Brady Quinn, I'm staying for my senior year. The Fighting Irish have the pieces to contend for the national title next year, and Quinn (as some have hinted) would have the opportunity to add his name to the list of Notre Dame greats.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark
                              That would just be an incredibly stupid pick on the part of the Texans. David Carr isn't the problem - the problem is that he's running for his fricking life on every play because there's no one in front of him to protect him. If I'm the Texans, I trade down with a team that needs a quarterback (like Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, or Green Bay if Favre retires) and I draft the best offensive lineman this draft has.
                              Perhaps, but Leinhart is projected as the best QB prospect to come out of college since Peyton Manning. He's a can't miss, CAN'T MISS prospect according to all the 'draft experts'. It may be something that Houston can't pass up. Though they may get hit with a Rickey Williams deal, which they won't be able to pass up.

I've even heard rumors that if San Fran finishes last again, they'd trade Alex Smith and take Leinhart.

He may not live up to the hype, but he's making a LOT of people go nuts over him.

Oh... and while I think Green Bay may be in the discussion, they'll drop out quickly as they'll at least try Aaron Rodgers... unless they finish last this year.
                              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; October 23, 2005, 17:31.

Comment

• Perhaps the Texans could trade Carr away in order to make room for Leinart? What's Carr's trade value?

Re Quinn, I am assuming that he would be a top 3 pick (i.e., #3 behind Leinart and Bush) if both Notre Dame and USC were to win out the rest of the way, no matter how dominating he is in a bowl game.

Comment

Working...
                                X