X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the College Football thread!

First week of action, and a couple stunners in progress:

TCU has just intercepted a pass with 8:46 left to preserve their 17-10 lead at #7 Oklahoma.

Meanwhile, #3 Tennessee is clinging to a 17-10 lead at home against Alabama-Birmingham with 4 minutes left.

So far, everything else has gone according to Hoyle, including big wins for Iowa and Ohio State.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Oklahoma turns it over on downs with 4 minutes left... we might have the first Big Upset of the season.

Comment

Same old Rutgers... they were up 27-7 on Illinois, now it's tied at 27 and Illinois is surely going to win it, if not on a last second FG, then undoubtably in overtime.

Oh, and GO TCU! Oklahoma looks like utter crap. They may finish the season with 4-5 losses.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I just wish the damned game would end so I can watch the Wolverines!

Comment

In a brush with disaster...

#3 Tennessee 17
          Alabama-Birmingham 10

Oklahoma loses the ball again with a minute left... here's the final:

Texas Christian 17
          #7 Oklahoma 10

Comment

HA HA! OU loses!!! That's great! They played like ass... if they continue to play like that, they'll finish unranked.

Btw, Illinois won in OT... like I said .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Big Ten

Thank heavens for ESPN GameCast... Henne to Avant, Big Blue up 7-0 on the opening drive.

Comment

Some other surprising scores...

Kansas State struggling with Florida International, leading only 13-7 at the half.

Points abound in Wisconsin's 56-42 victory over popular "next Utah" pick Bowling Green.

Comment

Bowling Green looked very good offensively.

Comment

Yes they did. But they would've had the same success if they put Girl Scout Troop 284 on the defensive line. Ugly.

Comment

sigh... Huskies march all over the Michigan defense before finally bogging down inside the 5... 7-3.

What the hell is wrong with our defense?

Comment

It's early. Say that if Northern Illinois puts up 30+.

Comment

Granted, the Huskies are clearly the best team in the state of Illinois, but still... it was the run defense which broke down. That shouldn't be happening.

Comment

Hmmm... I just have Colorado v. Colorado State and Brigham Young v. Boston College. This may be a good time to go to the grocery store and get some soda, beer, and snacks for this evening's big games .

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              In a brush with disaster...

#3 Tennessee 17
                              Alabama-Birmingham 10

Eric Ainge performed very poorly at quarteback for Tennessee today. Rick Clausen came in and directed a rather lethagic looking offense fairly well. At times Tennessee's offense looked brilliant...at others they looked as if they were going through the motions.

UAB is a solid football team, but given the talent disparity it should not have been this close.

The Vols get an open date before traveling to the swamp to see what Urban Meyer has really got going on down there. I hope they use that time wisely.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X