Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With just over a minute left in the first half, I saw something I'd never seen before.

Michigan's punter nailed one about 40 yards, down to the 15. The returner was hit immediately from the side, and the ball came lose. A mad scramble ensued, and the player who emerged with the ball was... the punter. How in the name of Mike did he get down there so fast?

With the subsequent TD, Michigan went up 27-10 before the half...
    Last edited by Guynemer; September 3, 2005, 17:24.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

We'll get to see if Utah's success was more a result of Urban Meyer or Alex Smith (seeing that they sucked in their first game without either). If it was Meyer's, then Tennessee may be in trouble.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Big games later today:

Boise State at Georgia. That should be AWESOME.

Wyoming at Florida has upset potential.

Georgia Tech at Auburn could be interesting.

Texas A&M takes a dangerous trip to Clemson.

New-look Notre Dame travels to Pittsburg.

And, of course, USC opens on the road at Hawai'i, always a dangerous place for visitors.

God, I love college football.

Comment

Temple University played well against Arizona State.

Can Temple go winless? I know I'll be at every game watching to find out!
          Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

On Wisconsin! On Wisconsin! Break right through that line!!!!
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

How long until Boise State-Georgia and Notre Dame-Pitt start?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Georgia is putting a whipping on the Broncos at the half.

ND-Pitt starts at 8:30, I think.

3:19 to go in the first quarter of USC-Hawai'i, and the Warriors are moving the ball at will: QB sneaks, shovel passes, draws, quick outs. The Trojans haven't had the ball yet.

Naturally, the score is USC 7, Hawai'i 0.

Comment

Go Hawaii!!!
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Time of possession:

Hawai'i: 13:36
                    USC: 0:00

Score:
                    USC 7
                    Hawai'i 3

Comment

How is that possible?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

67 yard INT return.

To the surprise of precisely nobody, USC scored on their first drive.

14-3.

Comment

Well, looks like the only surprises going on tonight are the complete pimpslapping Georgia is laying on Boise State, and that Virginia is only up 8 on Western Michigan early in the second half.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Boise would do a bit better, but it isn't exactly a major suprise
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              God, I love college football.

ND has a pulse this year!
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

After watching the Northern Illinois running game chew up our defense, I'm very very nervous about facing the Irish.

Comment

Working...
                                X