Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I typically don't give a rat's ass about either team, the game of the week so far has been Colorado vs Colorado State. 17 points in the final 90 seconds, with the game winner scored with 4 seconds left in the game after an interception.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

And wasn't the game winner a 47-yard field goal or something?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, I caught the end of that game, it was terrific.

And no rioting in the stands!

NC State comes up short against Va. Tech, and Louisville had a bit of a scare against Kentucky.

Tonight, Miami vs. Florida State. And the question on everyone's mind:

Wide left, or wide right?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Cal Won but...

41-3 over patsy Sacramento State, but lost their starting quarterback with a broken leg. Their backup looked like crap and they were down to a backup fullback playing QB. This is not going to be a good year.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

As for next week:

The Main Event:

#2 Texas at #6 Ohio State

Who will be the Buckeyes' QB? Zwick or Smith (the poor man's Vince Yong)? Can the Longhorns handle being in the Horseshoe at night, with the crowd constantly demonstrating their mastery of the spelling of "Ohio"? The answers to these, and many other questions, next Saturday at 8PM Eastern, on ABC.

The Undercard:

Notre Dame at #4 Michigan

Notre Dame will be ranked after their abject destruction of defending Big East champ Pitt, on the road no less. I'm guessing they'll be right around #20, give or take a couple. They go on the road again to Ann Arbor, where Michigan will be working fiercely all week to shore up their run defense, which was exposed in their opening win over Northern Illinois. Noon Eastern, ABC.

#20 Arizona State at #5 Louisiana State

Maybe. LSU's opener against North Texas was postponed last week, and there is talk that this game may also need to be rescheduled. If the game is played, this will be a helluva test for the Tigers. This game is scheduled for 8:45 PM Eastern on ESPN, so even if it is played, absolutely no one outside of Louisiana or Arizona will be watching.

....and that's about it as far as big games go this weekend. You might be interested in Steve Spurrier taking South Carolina on the road to (rising) #13 Georgia, but that has evisceration written all over it. The Spurrier SEC Revenge Tour begins at 5:30 PM Eastern on ESPN.

Comment

Re: Cal Won but...

Originally posted by pchang
              41-3 over patsy Sacramento State, but lost their starting quarterback with a broken leg. Their backup looked like crap and they were down to a backup fullback playing QB. This is not going to be a good year.
              Yeah, I just read about that. The backup went 0-for-10 in pass attempts?!

Good luck, man. But look on the bright side: Iowa lost every damned halfback on their roster last season to injury, finished next-to-last nationally in rushing, and still went 10-2 with a top 10 finish. Maybe Cal can do the same thing, only in reverse.

Comment

Cal

Their running game will win them some games, but I was hoping they would challenge USC like they have the last 2 years ( a win 2 years ago and a very narrow loss last year).
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Sorry, Texas. OSU is gonna roll.

Michigan v. ND hopefully will be a good game to watch.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with you, Dan. I don't see OSU's defense--their LBs in particular--having the same sort of trouble with Vince Young as Michigan did in the Rose Bowl.

The Buckeyes looked absolutely unbeatable against a pretty good opponent in Miami U. I think they will make it to Pasadena this year, though I think they will suffer a loss somewhere along the line--Iowa, Michigan, or an upset by Michigan State.

As good as USC is, I think this will be one of those years where no one goes undefeated... just a hunch.

Comment

all three teams I follow survived.

which is remarkable considering the utter mediocrity that is Ole Miss, Missouri, and Indiana football.

Comment

"mediocrity" is being mighty generous with that trio, asleep.

Comment

The bad news is we aren't going undefeated again and have some growing pains to go through.

The good news is that all our problem areas from Saturday night are correctable. Also, the off the field talent at AU is, as always, impeccable. Lastly, this morning I got to go back to class on another campus crawling with hot freshman talent to help me put the game out of mind.

Ted Striker would love AU and Samford University.

Oh yeah, one of my teams is still undefeated. Samford beat Edward Waters 60-7. Shame picking on one guy with the whole team like that, but you do what you have to do.

Guy on getting the thread going.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Both Miami and FSU look crappy tonight with their young QBs. It's painful.

Btw, Texas is going to beat OSU. You guys got to see OSU, but I got to see Texas. Granted they didn't play against a good team, but they looked absolutely unstoppable. The game was over after 10 minutes.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That UM-FSU game was the WORST game I've ever seen by two Top 25 teams (Hell, maybe even any game including even ONE Top 25 team). Both teams suck... badly.

I'll take Boise State over either! (I'm only half joking)
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I agree; if either of them go up in the polls, it'll be a travesty.

Comment

Working...
                                X