Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Texas can beat Ohio State next week, they may end up being the real deal (imagine that!)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I still don't believe it. I hope and pray that I'm right.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, with how Oklahoma started out, who else is going to win the Big XII? All the other teams don't look like a challenge.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Come on, Imran.

This is Texas we're talking about.

You could put Rutgers in the Sooner uniforms, and the Longhorns would still lose.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

But c'mon... the Sooners lost to TCU... this could be the year, I tell you!

Comment

LOL! I just heard the best quote today. On College Gameday they were talking about Iowa's 56-0 pasting of Ball State. Mark May said "They [Iowa] were playing against air out there today", .

They also joked that if they wanted, Iowa could have broken the scoring record in college football of 220-0 .

Comment

Well, with how Oklahoma started out, who else is going to win the Big XII? All the other teams don't look like a challenge.

A&M might be tough. And Texas Tech is always dangerous. Beyond that, the Big 12 appears to be a wasteland this year.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Clemson tops #17 A&M (touted by many as this year's Auburn) on a last second 42-yard FG, 25-24. (Clemson's kicker: 6-6 on field goals. Good on ya.)

As for last year's Auburn, they won't repeat their perfect season, losing 23-14 against Georgia Tech.

Two games of note today--

An intrastate rivalry that has blowout written all over it, #12 Louisville at Kentucky.

And a major, major upset possibility, #8 Virginia Tech at North Carolina State.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    LOL! I just heard the best quote today. On College Gameday they were talking about Iowa's 56-0 pasting of Ball State. Mark May said "They [Iowa] were playing against air out there today", .

They also joked that if they wanted, Iowa could have broken the scoring record in college football of 220-0 .
                    What do you expect when you're:

1) playing a MAC team, and a bad one at that
                    2) that is missing 13 suspended players including the leading rusher and receiver.

With those players, Iowa probably would have needed all 4 quarters to reach 56 points, instead of hitting 49 by the half.

Comment

Why did Kent State have 13 players suspended?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        Why did Kent State have 13 players suspended?
                        It was ball state, and, to me anyway, one of the more ridiculous suspensions I've seen:

improperly used a book loan program to obtain textbooks not required for their own courses or received improperly obtained textbooks from other players.

...The football players suspended for Saturday's game include the top returning rusher from last season, Charles Wynn, and the top returning receiver, Bryan Williamson. Others listed as starters on the Cardinals' pre-game depth chart are defensive end Cortlan Booker, defensive tackle Temidayo Macarthy, defensive backs David Gater and Randell Means, nose tackle Tom Kellar, offensive guard Justin Schneider.

Also suspended were linebackers Donta Smith and David Denham, receiver Louis Johnson, defensive tackle Amara Koroma and defensive back Lavell Mosley.

...Under the book loan program, athletes whose financial aid covers books for required courses receive books on loan from the university at the beginning of the semester. The books are returned to the bookstore at the end of the semester.
                        shoegate, this is not

Comment

Kent State, Ball State... who cares.

Comment

Michigan, Ohio State... who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

A&M might be tough. And Texas Tech is always dangerous. Beyond that, the Big 12 appears to be a wasteland this year.
                              Oh yeah, I forgot about Texas Tech. They always got a great offense. That should be a fun game.

Comment

Dang, I found this thread too late. Wow, who guessed it?

USC b*tchslapped us. Some things never change. Our linemen look too undisciplined. At least UH's new QB doesn't look like he's panicking in the pocket, unlike Timmy Chang when the pressures on him...

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X