Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Sate's offense once again lets them down. 5 field goals.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• That's part of it. It's a team sport.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa all lose. What a great day for college football.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Stop forgetting about Wisconsin. Maybe things are looking up for a shot at the Rose Bowl in Barry's last season... maybe.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I would've thrown Wisconsin in that list too if they had lost...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yeah... is WAS pretty close. Just nipped them in the last second while rotating our Kickers in at RB....
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• It was Temple.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The new AP poll:

#1 USC (56)
                  #2 Texas (8)
                  #3 LSU
                  #4 Virginia Tech
                  #5 Tennessee
                  #6 Florida
                  #7 Georgia
                  #8 Florida State
                  #9 Ohio State
                  #10 Notre Dame
                  #11 Louisville
                  #12 Purdue
                  #13 Miami
                  #14 Michigan
                  #15 California
                  #16 Georgia Tech
                  #17 Boston College
                  #18 Arizona State
                  #19 Texas Tech
                  #20 Clemson
                  #21 Oklahoma
                  #22 Iowa
                  #23 Fresno State
                  #24 Iowa State
                  #25 Virginia

Florida State above Ohio State?

Iowa above Iowa State?!
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well FSU is 2-0 . I think they are banking on the fact that in the Miami game, Weatherford was just nervous and inexperienced and the end of the Citidel game is when he got his confidence.

Iowa, even though they got blown up by Iowa State, is probably a better team overall and will have a better record when all is said and done.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Is it too early to start the BCS debates?

With 4 of the top 7 being SEC schools, would an undefeated SEC champion be left out again this year if Texas and USC run the table?

Perhaps this may be better characterized as a Playoff Debate.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Depends on how the season plays out. I think if, say, Georgia runs the SEC table, they'd vault over Texas since the Big XII just looks weak. Then again, it depends on the new Harris pool and the computers.

I can guarentee you that 4 of the top 7 won't be SEC teams in December . They all look good before they gotta play the SEC schedule and some teams lose against others.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And that would be a terrific argument for no polls at all until October... a SEC champ (or ACC, or Purdue, or...) could very well run the table and get shut out of the Rose Bowl.

Is it too early to start looking forward to Notre Dame at Tennessee?

Comment

• And that would be a terrific argument for no polls at all until October... a SEC champ (or ACC, or Purdue, or...) could very well run the table and get shut out of the Rose Bowl.

And how would that remedy one of an undefeated USC, Texas, and SEC team not getting screwed.

Comment

• It wouldn't. But at least we'd have several games under our belt before ranking, as opposed to a largely arbitrary and always inaccurate pre-season perception of who is #1, #2, #3, etc.

Comment

• Perhaps, but the pre-season rankings sell magazines. The reason college football stick with the polls is partially because of the controversy.

And IIRC, Auburn was 3rd in the computer rankings last year as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X