Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Illinois is one of the more dangerous "mid-major conference" teams out there; they've got one helluva running game. They're certainly better than the Illini, at least.

The Wildcats' offense is potentially deadly. I don't know what sort of cosmic karma they are paying off by playing the Spartans, Wolverines, Hawkeyes, and Buckeyes in a row, but if they manage to go .500 in that stretch, they will have earned a solid Top 25 spot.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Don't forget Pitt lost to Rutgers .

Anyway, the Tennessee - Bama game feels like a low scoring soccer game, first score wins!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Michigan is at least verging on mediocrity, but I certainly wouldn't call them a good team.

Depending on what method you use, Michigan has played either the 2nd or 3rd toughest schedule in the nation thus far. They are three plays away from being 8-0, and three plays away from being 2-6. They are a very good team that has been tested more than almost any other team this year. Really, only a couple major injuries have kept them from hanging on to their high ranking all season... it's football, injuries happen, c'est la vie. But don't kid yourself by saying they're not a good team.

Nebraska is a good team. Michigan is certainly better this year. (Maybe we'll even get to find out in a bowl game!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Don't forget Pitt lost to Rutgers .
          I'll be damned if Rutgers might not be better than average this year. Is it too early to start using that four-letter "b" word in conjuction with the Scarlet Knights?

Comment

• Nebraska is a good team.

No, they're not. They're mediocre at best, and this is coming from a fan.

But don't kid yourself by saying they're not a good team.

I'm just looking at the facts. I can take off the blinders and make an honest appraisal of my favorite team. Why can't you?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well, I think we're talking semantics now. Mediocre = average.

Nebraska is absolutely better than average. Even very good teams are entitled to the occasional bad game.

Comment

• Don't forget Pitt lost to Rutgers

I think the loss to Ohio was the more humiliating.

Nebraska is absolutely better than average. Even very good teams are entitled to the occasional bad game.

You obviously weren't paying attention to the three bad games Nebraska opened the season with. They've improved as of late, but there's no guarantee that this improved performance will be consistent, as today's game demonstrates.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Don't forget Pitt lost to Rutgers

I think the loss to Ohio was the more humiliating.
                  QFT

Comment

I'm just looking at the facts. I can take off the blinders and make an honest appraisal of my favorite team. Why can't you?
                    Cause it helps him makes his point .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• First of all, cease and desist with the DanSing.

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      You obviously weren't paying attention to the three bad games Nebraska opened the season with. They've improved as of late, but there's no guarantee that this improved performance will be consistent, as today's game demonstrates.
                      You're pessimistic enough to be a Michigan fan.

Nebraska has a solid defense, and still has an excellent shot at the Big 12 North title. They don't have any games left that really jump out at you and make you think, "No chance." Missouri is bound to gag in at least two more games; historically speaking, they are the Michigan State of the Big 12. I can state without hesitation or reservation that Nebraska is easily better than average. They are a good--but not great--football team.

Not many great football teams this year. A few more almost great teams. Even more very good teams (including Michigan). And a gaggle of good teams (including Nebraska). Mediocre? I'd say that's more Oklahoma territory (shocking as that is to say).

Comment

• Bama is inside the 20 now. 1:10 left in teh 3rd Q, no score.

Comment

• End of the 3rd Q, Bama kicks a FG!!

3-0 Bama going into the 4th Q!

Comment

• Nebraska has a solid defense

They didn't look very good today.

and still has an excellent shot at the Big 12 North title.

A decent shot, not an excellent one. Colorado and Missouri are in the driver's seat now.

They don't have any games left that really jump out at you and make you think, "No chance."

I don't see them winning on the road at Colorado. They do have a chance, though, so I guess you're right on this. Thank god we don't play Texas this year.

I can state without hesitation or reservation that Nebraska is easily better than average.

And I respectfully disagree.

Mediocre? I'd say that's more Oklahoma territory (shocking as that is to say).

Oklahoma is bad, dude. "Mediocre" means nothing if you're going to set the bar that low...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• And now Tennessee is on the Bama 20. Could that FG be the thing to wake up the offenses?

Comment

Oklahoma is bad, dude. "Mediocre" means nothing if you're going to set the bar that low...

Perhaps the problem here is the frame of reference.

When I say Michigan is very good, Nebraska is good, Oklahoma is average, I'm using all of Div I-A as a frame of reference. If you tighten it down to the conference level, then yes, you are right. Nebraska might be mediocre compared to the rest of the Big 12. But nationwide, they're a good team.

Comment

Working...
                                X