A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    similarly couldn't she poke and redicule others?

it should go both ways.. or neither way

JM
    Why yes she can and that would be my guess was her purpose of the speech.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

was a somewhat interesting troll
      nothing to violent
      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

the ice queen returns...
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          Neo-feminists? When people start attaching "neo-" to anything, it's usually a bad sign.
          Neoreactionaries

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
            Indeed there is nothing oppressive about sharing your morals with others in an environment of free choice.
            It depends on how you share your morals. People like Slow want to legislate them on those of us who don't share them. Insulting people is a way of trying to force people to act who you want them too, not persuade them that your morals are better. I don't insult people who are religious, at least not directly, unless they are the type of people who want to shove their morals down my throat.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

a lot of feminists are no different from the gormless spinsters who used to infest churches and make everybody miserable
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

What does gormless mean, aside from without gorm.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I used to enjoy a good gorm-job now and again.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

gormless spinsters

I thought you'd like the exciting and bold spinsters
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• gormless means foolish, lacking common sense

Comment

• I get lacking vitality and dull...
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ok i will say this i dont know nor do i care what a feminist is, but i sure would like to know which one of u gentlemen have been so silent as to not voice your opinion on these loud mouth women when they have spoken out. Dont get me wrong you all are entitled to the opinions you have but i am sure that the most of yall have not remained silent
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I'm far too much of a gentleman to ever voice such sentiments in the presence of ladies.

Comment

• Since when??????

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Weighing in from personal experience, I transitioned from Boann's attitude to more like Imran's as I've gotten older. I wanted to become a Jesuit when I was much younger, and because of that stayed a virgin until I was 22. I lost my virginity to a woman I wanted to marry, and it was very special, and the break-up about tore my heart out. So Boann's caution is laudable.

I also got into a relationship afterwards where the woman used the bedroom for power games. Thankfully I did not become embittered, and learned a very valuable lesson. After that I vowed that I would want to have sexual intimacy - a subset of sex - once the relationship went beyond the "like" to the "serious" stage. I can honestly say that 15 years later, I actually get more sex in more marraige than I did when we first started being intimate, mainly because we now live together. And I DEFINITELY get more, umm, how to phrase it, special treatment. That last statement was sort of tongue in cheek.

However, while discussing this with a friend of mine who is into alternative sexual arrangements - he was the husband of the lady of the house, who also had a wife - he agrees that making love is best, but if you can't have it - sex is good to. He has a point, but for me, I am more like John Miller. I am happy I waited, I can still count my total sexual contacts on two hands - not opportunities, I have turned various woman down for various reasons. That worked for me, and as long as you practice safe sex, if you want to have dozens of encounter, go for it.
                                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X