No announcement yet.

A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i Have been gone for a bit. But if most folks now days think that sex has a inkling to relegion well ur wrong. Boann, who i am assuming is beyond puberty, and my self, who i know is, Know the games that men play. She just like me have said you know what I dont want to play this game. i am gone. The funny thing is women now have the game book and the plays. There is nothing wrong with holding out and if you can do so all the power to ya.
    I guarantee that it takes a while before u get tired of the game and start to hate the player.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      Ok i Have been gone for a bit. But if most folks now days think that sex has a inkling to relegion well ur wrong. Boann, who i am assuming is beyond puberty, and my self, who i know is, Know the games that men play. She just like me have said you know what I dont want to play this game. i am gone. The funny thing is women now have the game book and the plays. There is nothing wrong with holding out and if you can do so all the power to ya.
      I guarantee that it takes a while before u get tired of the game and start to hate the player.

beyond puberty.. lol.. yep that would be a for sure.
      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        ...how likely is that with a partner you are deeply in love with? It won't suck. At least not TOO bad.
        yeah, lot of geezers i know said oral sex went right out the window after they tied the knot
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney

yeah, lot of geezers i know said oral sex went right out the window after they tied the knot
          the geezeres, oral sex, might be tmi for here
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by boann
            its just i think too many put physical intimacy before emotional intimacy.. one without the other is empty.
            sure its pleasureable.. but what makes it special is the connection.... mentally..
            and my choice is to wait... ive been celebate now for over a year...its been a great choice for me.. not for everyone though ..
            I agree completely

Except being celebate sucks ass. I do very much like sex. Very very much. But only where there is love. There must be trust and tenderness and love.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              I don't think it is a game, and I think its a terrible construct to think of sex as a game. Because inherant in that definition there must be winners and losers. To think of sex as a game that must be won, that you play others or get played, is a terrible corruption of a pure, beautiful, loving thing.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                bo-ring!

this woman is just kidding herself. If she met the right man, she'd give it up in a heart beat. She just doesn't want to do the bar scene. Can't argue with that.
                I think that's a lot of her point.
                That Boann let you off with a mere "odd i found myself totally agreeing with her." is amazing.

I didn't read past that too many posts, so I'm going to assume you were joking.

A) I don't want to sleep with some skank that sleeps with everyone, because
                B) I don't be a skank either.

No offense, Burns.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sex is what you make of it. If you give it religious meaning, it will be religious. If it means nothing, it will mean nothing. You could pretty much say the same thing about anything. For Americans, eating a bodily function. For other cultures, eating is a celebration of taste, and people take hours to have dinner.

Feminism is about choice, the coice not to have sex, the choice to have sex with a few people, the choice to be a "slut." People could be any of those for all the right reasons or all the wrong ones.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think if you make it mean nothing, you are missing out on things

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think if you make it mean everything, you are missing out on things.

Personally, I think like everything else, it depends on context. Sex is a great form of entertainment, and there's nothing wrong with that. It is also a way to express one's feelings for another, deeping and strengthen bonds, etc. I don't think one should cancel out the other.

People should be free to enjoy meaningless sex without disapproval from the Victorian squad.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Skank alert !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's simple. If you want sex, have sex. If you don't, don't.

Why get hung up on the concept of 'giving it up', like it's some huge sacrifice? It's natural, and pleasurable. And it's no more a woman 'giving in' to a man as it is a man 'giving in' to a woman.

I can never understand why anyone would willingly go through her whole life abstaining from something that feels good.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think that you are missing our points

JKM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Skank alert !

Shows what you know.

Just because I believe people should have the right to do something it doesn't mean I excerise that right. I believe people should have the right to believe in invisibile friends who control everything. That doesn't mean I actually belive in invisible friends.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                People should be free to enjoy meaningless sex without disapproval from the Victorian squad.
                                can i quote you on that?
                                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                                X