Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuci, I'm sorry to be blunt, and I know its hard to believe, but he's gone, he will never be back, he's dead.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• I'd be disappointed if he did come back... it'd be super cheesy.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, it would be lame. But, rest assured, Rowling is talented enough not to do it. In Epic Pooh, Moorcock says she's redoubtable. Its fitting. Harry had it rough.
        Last edited by Nostromo; July 19, 2005, 14:50.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• I don't think she wrote the pensieve scenes properly. She should have at least changed narrators. For example, when reliving Snape's memories, use Snape as a narrator; when reliving Dumbledore's memories, use Dumbledore as narrator...

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm
            Another thing - Dumbledore immobilised Harry to protect him , due to which he died . Does this mean that , like Lily , Dumbledore died to save Harry , thus affording him similar protection for the last and final round of this conflict ?
            No, I don't think so. Dumbledore didn't face the direct choice between life with dead Harry and death with live Harry. He was going to be killed anyway. This is elucidated by Rowling in the last set of questions in this interview.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Dumbledorr will be back........... as a ghost.

Mark my words.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• No he won't. Those who come back as ghosts are unhappy individuals. Most people don't want to forgo the ability to rest in peace.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Good point, then how about this, other than the picture can you think of a way for Dumbledore to return?

I can.....The Pensieve.

Memories left there to help Harry.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• nm
                    Last edited by Nostromo; July 20, 2005, 01:41.

Comment

• My theory as to how it ends? In a nutshell, there is a final meeting between Voldemort and Harry, and with both being unable to curse one another, Voldemort will, as he has done in every other book, use something else. In this case, Snape. Instead of Snape being for Voldemort, as Average Joe will think after he killed Dumbledore, Snape kills Potter. However, the killing of Potter is the final horcrux and Snape turns on Voldemort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                        Good point, then how about this, other than the picture can you think of a way for Dumbledore to return?

I can.....The Pensieve.
                        The Penseive, the portrait, or a priori incantem on Snape's wand.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Dumbledores memories in the pensieve wouldnt be interactive though only informative - perhaps as to why he trusts Snape (the Lilly infatuation) and that he asked Snape to kill him under defined circumstances.

Only the portraits would be interactively useful on a day-to-day basis.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                            Voldemort detests Potter and everything he stands for... Harry's the last person he'd use as a Horcrux.
                            The theory isn't that Voldy deliberately used HP, but rather that the backfiring of the death curse caused it to happen. However, given the considerable care to which Voly takes to protect his horcruxes, either he doesn't know HP is one of his horcrux or HP isn't one (as he's tried to kill HP on several occassions). If he doesn't know, then there's still be another horcrux out there, since Voldy would have tried to create what he thought was a 7th.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Yeah, the theory is that he was prepared to make a horcrux after killing the Potter's but, you know... oops, and the split soul was still there and went to the kid.

Fanciful? Perhaps... but then so is the concept of horcruxes, when you think about it .

Comment

• So is the concept of HP, when you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X