Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the record on children born of one marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oerdin
    There are actually more latino babies born then white babies in the state though neither has a majority since there are other ethnic minorities (Asians, blacks, native Americans, South Asians, middleeasterns, etc). As long as people continue to assimilate then there shouldn't be to many problems.
    But in my little part of Calif., they are not assimilating. Here the Latino tells us that their heart is with Mexico. Now some do shop at Wal Mart, Target, etc., but some have started their own stores and those stores cater just to Latino. All of the name, signs, etc., are in Spanish.
    In SF they have China town, here we are going to have Latino town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
      If you are talking about Europe, that is wrong. They are in decline now. I saw a talk show about 3 weeks ago were one of the guess who wrote a book about this, and said France for one is big trouble now, in that by 2050 or so, there could be 40 to 45% Arab pop. and they could take over the country through the ballot box.

Are french arabs not french? Arabs "taking over" the ballot box? Jesus, talk about bigoted rhetoric. Same goes for the rest of your BS.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• And they are different from previous waves of immigrants how? Did you know that most Italians returned to Italy after immigrating to the U.S.? Lots of people just come here to make some money, then go back home where they've saved a fortune. There are still Irish, Italian, Polish, etc. ghettos in all the major cities. Latinos are just the curent wave. They will assimilate just like everyone else, and a core of them will still think of the motherland as home. I already know plenty of Latinos who don't speak a lick of Spanish.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd

Are french arabs not french? Arabs "taking over" the ballot box? Jesus, talk about bigoted rhetoric. Same goes for the rest of your BS.
          No, the author was talking about Arabs from outside of France.
          And how is it bigotry to state what another has written about what just might happen in the country of France in another 45 years or so.
          The show was John McLaughlin One-on-one.

Comment

But in my little part of Calif., they are not assimilating. Here the Latino tells us that their heart is with Mexico. Now some do shop at Wal Mart, Target, etc., but some have started their own stores and those stores cater just to Latino. All of the name, signs, etc., are in Spanish.
            Most of the people I see are attempting to assimilate because that's where the better paying jobs come from. Napa has a bunch of uneducated farm workers who work the field during harvest and planting season then head back south. They're mostly temperary workers or people who aren't serious about bettering their life beyond getting a job in manual labor.

Sure, even educated assimulated latino will say he's Mexican the same as some Mick in Boston will claim he's Irish but if he dresses American, talks American, eats American food, and argues about American politics/sports/schools/pick a topic then he's likely on his way to being assimulated.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No, the author was talking about Arabs from outside of France.
              And how can they take over the ballot box if they don't live in France?
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Okay, so lets just say that Latino's take over California...

Considering California is a democrat state, and most latinos are democrats, this is going to change everything how?

However, Muslim (I presume) Arabs taking over polls in Europe is disturbing...not only might it create conflict with the numerous Catholics, but having yet another fundalmentalist group getting voting power in a European country? That is bad, very bad...there are already too many Catholics, we certainly don't need Muslims in that mess...

I am not in favor of large militaries, and really don't like having America under Republican control, but under Republicans, at least we won't have to worry about China becoming to powerful and spreading its police state principles to the rest of the world...I don't support capitalism, but I'd rather have a free, capitalist America than an authortarian China than will not hesitate to shoot people who oppose communism...I hope that China and Americ do not become too powerful and attempt to impose their idealogies in weaker countries...

Let us hope that the large nuclear arsenals of the US and China will prevent such a thing happening...as long as China and the US are equally powerful, we won't have to worry about a capitalist free market nor a communist police state becoming too powerful and controlling world affairs...

On the other hand, if the US and China are equal, the idealogies and interests of Europe could shift the power one way or another...Europe currently sides (mostly) with the US, and therefore, China wouldn't be able to impose it powers on other nations...

However, if a mid-eastern culture controlled Europe, while Europe may not exactly switch sides to China, it probably wouldn't stay with the US, giving China a chance to extend its power elsewhere...

Comment

• France has nukes. Soon they will have an...oh hell, what's the title of a moslem cleric who rules a country?

Anyway, one of those.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd

And how can they take over the ballot box if they don't live in France?
                    Have you not heard that Middle East Arabs are now moving into France at a rate that will make them the largest pop. in France sometime this century. The Authors thinks it will be around 2050.

Comment

• I think that the practical rate is less than the theoretical rate. Studies in the 1980s indicated that their real world efficacy was 50% - over a long period of time they reduced the expected pregnancy rate by 50%. You have to include breakage and slippage in the figure.
                      Gepap PWND!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• *cough* teh pill.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Here the Latino tells us that their heart is with Mexico. Now some do shop at Wal Mart, Target, etc., but some have started their own stores and those stores cater just to Latino. All of the name, signs, etc., are in Spanish.
                          I've been in San Antonio for awhile, and I think assimilation is the rule, not the exception. Most of the Mexicans that I have met do not have loyalty to Mexico, but to the United States. If they have loyalty to Mexico, why don't they live there?

Every immigrant has that tension, between preservation of their own culture and between adopting the culture of the new country. Now granted assimilation doesn't mean forgoing all of what one is brought up with, but it does mean forming a balance between the two.

Secondly, you have to remember that it is not the first generation, but the second and the third where a country truly reaps the benefits of immigration.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• *cough* teh pill.
                            'Yes baby, I'm on the pill. Trust me.'

Comment

• Well, being as how romantic relationships are supposed to be about trust...
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• If I couldn't trust a girl why would I sleep with her without using a condom?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X