Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the record on children born of one marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Yeah, I'm surprised no one has jumped on that quote.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• There are studies of maximal effectiveness and "typical" effectiveness. The maximal effectiveness of condoms is pretty good - only 2% of users get pregnant in a year. The typical effectiveness is not that good - 14% get pregnant in that same period of time. The expected pregnancy rate of people not using birth control but not trying to get pregnant is 30% / year.

You can find this data by googling birth control or condom. Look for websites hosted by the government.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• The typical effectiveness is not that good - 14% get pregnant in that same period of time.

Bull****. I've been having sex using only condoms for 7 years in steady relationships. You're trying to tell me that somebody in my situation is a 2-1 favourite to have gotten somebody pregnant?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I know at least five girls who were not my partners who only use condoms, who have the same amount of "experience" that I do and who have never gotten pregnant.

You're trying to tell me that we're riding half of one percent?

The people in those studies are obviously lying about using condoms every time.

Congratulations, they don't work if you don't use them...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I tried em but the damned things explode on me.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Use bigger ones like I do.

Also, they tend to break if she's dry, so make sure she actually wants to **** you...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• That's why they also sell "personal, water-based lubricant". Also, Dr. Stranglove's numbers, at least for non-birthcontrol relationships is an average over a wide variety of ages. In younger women that number can be around 60% pregnancy without birth control, and in women in their late thirties %5. Those figures are monthly, by the way, courtesy of a female aquaintence trying to get pregnant in her late 30's (and not by me). Also, since the NIH/CDC sites have been coopted by Christian fundamentalist warped science (i.e. condoms are ineffective in preventing STD's when that is only accurate versus HPV, or that abortion may cause breast cancer), be careful about any figures they use. I now go to *.org or European government sites.
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lul Thyme
                    Hell my mother had 12 siblings (they were 13), all from the same parents. That was almost normal back then. No big deal.
                    Same here...

I think this may be a case of multiple personality.
                    What?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      I know at least five girls who were not my partners who only use condoms, who have the same amount of "experience" that I do and who have never gotten pregnant.

You're trying to tell me that we're riding half of one percent?

The people in those studies are obviously lying about using condoms every time.

Congratulations, they don't work if you don't use them...
                      That's what's called "typical use". If your experience is better that's fine, but perhaps not everyone can put up with the things like you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                        In younger women that number can be around 60% pregnancy without birth control, and in women in their late thirties %5. Those figures are monthly, by the way, courtesy of a female aquaintence trying to get pregnant in her late 30's (and not by me).
                        I distinctly recall having specified that the control rate of pregnancy among those not using any birth control included only those couples not trying to get pregnant.
                        Also, since the NIH/CDC sites have been coopted by Christian fundamentalist warped science (i.e. condoms are ineffective in preventing STD's when that is only accurate versus HPV, or that abortion may cause breast cancer), be careful about any figures they use. I now go to *.org or European government sites.
                        Those figures were the same in the 1970s, long before "moral majority" was around, and were the same in Great Britain, a European country.

Comment

• KH: Why wouldn't your partners use the pill?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                          X