Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the actual cause for population growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Damn you, kuciwalker!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      (but I never made it to doctor )
      That's probably because you weren't a high school drop out.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Your avatar makes me want waffles. I love waffles, crispy outside, light and fluffy inside, dripping with butter and maple syrup.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You just noticed it?

Comment

I noticed it before, but it just hit me all of a sudden.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Comment

Almost as good as waffles are pancakes made from waffle batter.

Comment

Comment

You bastard.

Comment

Comment

Syrup
                        Waffles

Comment

Waffles sans syrup

Comment

On the population issue, if the question is how a game should handle it, the death rate is more important for the most part than the birth rate. Population should be growing constantly, but before sanitation and industriazation of agriculture, frequent crop failures and disease keep growth steady and slow. Then the deathrate drops, and population explodes. Then, as affluence grows and women become more educated, they chose to have less kids, and the fertility rate drops, eventually slowing non-immigration driven growth.

As for Ben's idea. The WOMAN decides on the number of kids, unless you are seeking an indentured wife.

Lets say you begin at 18 to impregnate the wife. It takes 9 months for the first kid to come, and if she breastfeeds, her own body makes it much more difficult to get pregnant again because it would make little biological sensefor a being that spends 9 months pregnant and must devote years to its offspring to keep having them (if you have two young babies at the same time, you sort of run out of hands...

Add to this that the more kids you have, the more likely a problem is- having a miscarriage, including one that may irreprably damage your ability to have more kids.

One of my uncles (religious conservative ala Ben) tried to have 7 kids. He got five, then the wife had two miscarriages, and there it ended.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Now any guesses to what would happen when we can grow babies to full size in a machine?
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

As for Ben's idea. The WOMAN decides on the number of kids, unless you are seeking an indentured wife.

Lets say you begin at 18 to impregnate the wife. It takes 9 months for the first kid to come, and if she breastfeeds, her own body makes it much more difficult to get pregnant again because it would make little biological sensefor a being that spends 9 months pregnant and must devote years to its offspring to keep having them (if you have two young babies at the same time, you sort of run out of hands...

Add to this that the more kids you have, the more likely a problem is- having a miscarriage, including one that may irreprably damage your ability to have more kids.

One of my uncles (religious conservative ala Ben) tried to have 7 kids. He got five, then the wife had two miscarriages, and there it ended.
                                Where did I say that the woman had no say? If the wife is willing to have that many kids, then it may work. It sure isn't going to work without a willing wife.

Secondly, trying for 7 kids and having 5 sure beats the heck out of trying for two and getting two.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X