Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me a break the word said he was oferd 10 mil and turned it down the lawyer and him are the only ones that know this how does anyone not know this isnt a lie
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      The only public offer has been 1 million.
      Are you the only side then allowed to cite hearsay as evidence?

I suggest you should refrain from insulting me, and discussing the issue at hand.
      I fail to see where an insult was given when I only called you on your trying to correct people when you yourself are the one frequently in error.

Perhaps I am ignorant, but then please be patient with me.
      I'd have a lot more patience if you would read linked articles in their entirety before posting, okay? We've trudged over this ground time and time again, so it is frustrating to have to hash it out again with the ignorant.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        said his attorney no proof there

God, I'm going to be happy when this woman dies. Then all the pro-Terry people who are living in la la land, thinking everyone that is opposed to them is lying and everyone sharing their views are telling the God's honest truth, will disperse.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• But it doesn't matter, since we do have the $1 million offer, and that's all the proof needed that Schiavo was offered substantially more money than he has to hand over his rights. Yet he refused. Maybe he just wants to see his wife's wishes carried out, eh?
          Missing the other side.

What's in the settlement, that he stands to earn from Terri's death?

Ben, I am somewhat dissappointed in you. This is the worst argument I think I have ever seen you make on any subject in any thread. And there have been like thousands and thousands of them.
          Perhaps, but the point stands. Her parents have no other motive than to love their daughter and to care for her at their own cost.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sure there is.

There is reasonable doubt that Michael Schiavo is acting in the best interests of Terri Schiavo as her guardian.
            Your definition of "reasonable doubt" is quite, quite dubious. I don't find a hearsay claim from a nurse that's 15 years old "reasonable," especially when the other motives (like greed) have been laid to rest.

Regardless, if such reasonable doubts existed, they would have been dealt with in court. The courts have all sided with Schiavo. Case closed. The executive branch certainly has NO authority to step in here.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Perhaps, but the point stands. Her parents have no other motive than to love their daughter and to care for her at their own cost.

What? You are the one saying that when Terry dies, Michael is going to get some huge payday (which you have shown no proof, not even a statement)... if the parents become guardian, guess who gets that (potential) money? That's right... the parents!

If there is money involved in a life insurance which is great, then I think the parents may be after that.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Imran, that's why I'm asking, if Terri's parents have another ulterior motive, than by all means, bring it up.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• The courts have all sided with Schiavo. Case closed. The executive branch certainly has NO authority to step in here.

Yep... or the legislative branch. States' Rights be damned, right? At least the Supreme Court realized when it continually turned the case down for review.

Comment

Missing the other side.

What's in the settlement, that he stands to earn from Terri's death?
                    Nothing. The settlement was $750,000, and all but >$50,000 is gone, having been used up already for her treatment costs and legal fees.

So tell me, which is bigger:

$1,000,000 or $50,000?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• If you read on you would see that ten million was offered by someone else.

Other such offers, including one for $10 million, had already been made and rejected by Michael Schiavo, said his attorney, George Felos.

Edit: jeeze I'm always late...
                      I changed my signature

Comment

• Got to go.

Still, I think the facts will vindicate us when all is said and done.

Why deny visitation rights to her parents?

Comment

Imran, that's why I'm asking, if Terri's parents have another ulterior motive, than by all means, bring it up.
                          If there is a monetary gain for Michael, then there is a monetary gain for the parents if they gain custody. But no one has shown me a monetary gain for Michael if Terry dies.

What, do you think Michael has a million dollar life insurance policy on Terry? If so, I've heard nothing of it.

Comment

• Why not remove the feeding tube and let god decide if she lives or die... what you don't have faith in God's Decision making?
                            "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Imran, that's why I'm asking, if Terri's parents have another ulterior motive, than by all means, bring it up.
                              Can't have it both ways, BK. If there even was a huge inheritance to be had, then the parents would be in line for it were she to be put in their custody. So if you're going to claim Schiavo's motive is greed based on this fantasy inheritance, the same claim could be applied to the parents.

I don't think either party is acting out of greed, malice, or any such thing. I understand the Schindler's perspective, although I think they are gravely misguided. And I think Michael Schiavo is genuinely doing what he thinks the wife he loved wanted.

Too bad people have to resort to smearing the intentions of the other side to make their cases.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Remember she doesnt feel or care why does the husband. At this point she doesnt know her wishes anymore. But that doesnt make her a sack of potatoes either
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X