Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does that have to do with anything? We're discussing a specific case involving a woman whose parents are willing to pay for her treatment. I've made no call for a law requiring treatment in cases like these, so I fail to see the relevance of your post.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• that would be the logical end to follow if this situation goes the other way
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Maybe to you Sava...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• He said it would be logical to give control to the parents if she started getting better...

This of course can't happen because the P stands for persistant.
          I changed my signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            What does that have to do with anything? We're discussing a specific case involving a woman whose parents are willing to pay for her treatment. I've made no call for a law requiring treatment in cases like these, so I fail to see the relevance of your post.
            So you see a difference between letting someone die and killing someone? If no one can pay, would removal of a feeding tube be killing them or simply letting them die? And if it'd be killing them, who gets charged with the death?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It would be killing them, but who says someone has to get charged with the death? Killing someone isn't necessarily the same as murder. The state kills people on occasion and no one is charged with it. An interesting topic of discussion perhaps, but pretty irrelevant to anything I've said so far. Why don't you start a thread on it?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Killing someone is not chargable (under murder or manslaughter) only if it is done by the state or done in self-defense. Even in self-defense, however, self-defense is a legal defense to murder.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Terri Schiavo is being killed by the state, since a court ordered the removal of her feeding tube.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• But what if the hospital removed the feeding tube after being convinced there was no chance of survival, and the family was the one who originally took the case to court?

Comment

• What do these hypothetical situations have to do with the issue at hand? Like I said, if you want to talk about this, start a thread.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Terri Schiavo is being killed by the state, since a court ordered the removal of her feeding tube.
                        No, the court ordered that the HUSBAND'S decision be followed. The husband made the call, not the court.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Do you actually think that a federal court is going to end up reversing the decision of the Florida courts?

Comment

• No, the court ordered that the HUSBAND'S decision be followed. The husband made the call, not the court.

Factually wrong again, as usual Sava. The husband petitioned the court to make the determination for him.

Do you actually think that a federal court is going to end up reversing the decision of the Florida courts?

Again, what does that have to do with anything?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• where are you getting this misinformation? sean hannity?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• May 1998c Michael files petition for court to determine whether Terri's feeding tube should be removed; Michael takes position that Terri would chose to remove the tube; Terri's parents take position that Terri would chose not to remove the tube

Michael Schiavo did not make the decision to discontinue life-prolonging measures for Terri.

As Terri's husband, Michael has been her guardian and her surrogate decision-maker. By 1998, though -- eight years after the trauma that produced Terri's situation -- Michael and Terri's parents disagreed over the proper course for her.

Rather than make the decision himself, Michael followed a procedure permitted by Florida courts by which a surrogate such as Michael can petition a court, asking the court to act as the ward's surrogate and determine what the ward would decide to do. Michael did this, and based on statements Terri made to him and others, he took the position that Terri would not wish to continue life-prolonging measures. The Schindlers took the position that Terri would continue life-prolonging measures. Under this procedure, the trial court becomes the surrogate decision-maker, and that is what happened in this case.

Really Sava, I'm getting tired of having to explain things to you. I might be more willing to do so if you weren't constantly talking down to me, but given that you continue to do so while getting the facts wrong I think I'll just stop listening to you altogether. You aren't worth my time...
                                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; March 22, 2005, 23:49.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X