Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• because Terri's parents aren't legally entitled to decide things for her... nor should they be. The husband is the one who gets to make the call. BTW, what about the sanctity of marriage BK? Can't you respect Michael Schiavo's right to decide things?
    When I think of the sanctity of marriage, the image I see is of a faithful husband.

"In sickness and in health."

Michael Schiavo has two kids with another woman, who is not his wife. How is this upholding the sanctity of his marriage?

The most important fact is that this is a matter of law. The hierarchy or weight of importance of the facts in this case are as follows.

1. It is a matter of law. Michael Schiavo has the right to decide what course of action to take. The courts have consistently, and correctly ruled so.
    In a conflict of interest? Not that clear cut to me. When he stands to inherit a pile of money, and he is the only one who is speaking for terri as to her wishes, then that's a clear cut conflict.

2. Terri is PVS. It is not possible to regrow a brain. For all intents and purposes, she died 15 years ago when she suffered severe brain hypoxia and her brain was without oxygen for 14 MINUTES. The courts have consistently and correctly concluded this.
    Well, if you've seen the video, it appears that she retains some function still.

Secondly, how do they know the time that she was without air? Wasn't Michael the only witness?

3. It is in accordance with Terri's wishes. Not just according to her husband, but substantiated by Michael Schiavo's brother, many of Terri's friends, and Terri's brother who all testified under oath to this fact. The courts have consistently and correctly determined this.
    Yet her parents deny this, and it is their word against the word of Michael Schiavo, who has a vested interest in seeing Terri die.

1. The effort to oppose the courts is lead by fanatics who are engaged in a concentrated propaganda campaign aimed at confusing the facts. It is a campaign of misinformation dedicated to confusing the state Terri is in and slandering her husband as to discredit him.
    Slander? Everything I have said is true. He has two kids by another woman. He refuses to let her parents take care of Terri, he stands to inherit money if Terri dies, he has refused treatment that may be able to help Terri.

What have they said that is false?

2. The hypocrisy of the politicians in question. Bush having signed the 1999 law saying hospital admins can take people off of life support EVEN IF their families object. The general hypocrisy of the "pro-life" movement, which I won't get into because it is too massive a topic to discuss.
    Life support is one thing.

Basic sustenance, such as food and water, quite another.

So all I ask Ben is that you put aside your prejudices and look objectively at the facts... no, not some garbage from www.iamprolifeliberalsarefags.com, but the ACTUAL facts of the case as reported by mainstream sources and records from the court precedings.
    I have, and this material isn't available, nor will it be shown by the mainstream.

The question you should be asking yourself, is why the mainstream media won't show these videos of Terri.

I know you hold strong beliefs Ben, but you should be able to look at the facts without letting your prejudices decide matters for you. In fact, the Florida State Judge, Greer, is a Republican appointee and devout Southern Baptist. Yet he was able to rule in favor of Michael Schiavo. Food for thought.
    I don't know what Terri wanted.

It really bothers me that there is no written record of her wants and her desires, just what Michael says Terri wanted.

For me, that's not enough to kill Terri.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
      Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      Alva thats called murder.

Technically, probably..so what, it was the right thing to do, law or no law.
      technically its manslaughter at worst and unlawful killing at best.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        be that as it may. its not what her blood family wants.
        Be that as it may, it doesn't matter squat, since it has been consistently ruled in this matter that it's Michael Schiavo who has the legal decision-making power, not them.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          In a conflict of interest? Not that clear cut to me. When he stands to inherit a pile of money, and he is the only one who is speaking for terri as to her wishes, then that's a clear cut conflict.
          What pile of money? Falling for the right-wing propaganda as usual, BK. There is no pile of money. The $750,000 settlement is gone, and Michael Schiavo has refused offers up to $10 million to hand over rights. If you had read the thread entirely, you'd know that these "arguments" have been debunked. The notion that Schiavo has some greedy motive is unsubstantiated smearing.

The question you should be asking yourself, is why the mainstream media won't show these videos of Terri.
          Bull****. They HAVE shown the videos. The Schindlers released a heavily edited video to the press to try and depict her condition in the best light possible. However, when the unedited, 4-hour footage was shown to the court, it was singularly unimpressed.

I ask this: why have the Schindlers refused to release the entire unedited video to the press?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ben: Schiavo has turned down ten million dollars to hand over rights to Terri's family. I don't think he is in it for the money.

Edit: beat me
            I changed my signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

What pile of money? Falling for the right-wing propaganda as usual, BK. There is no pile of money. The $750,000 settlement is gone, and Michael Schiavo has refused offers up to $10 million to hand over rights. If you had read the thread entirely, you'd know that these "arguments" have been debunked. The notion that Schiavo has some greedy motive is unsubstantiated smearing.

Show the source that offered this fool 10 mil please whos is dumb enough to do such a thing I can hear it now here is ten mil for you veg of a wife
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• It's still a conflict of interest for him to be her guardian.

What do her parents stand to gain from taking care of Terri?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                  Show the source that offered this fool 10 mil please whos is dumb enough to do such a thing I can hear it now here is ten mil for you veg of a wife
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    It's still a conflict of interest for him to be her guardian.

What do her parents stand to gain from taking care of Terri?
                    How is it a conflict of interest? It's his legal right, and every court has upheld that. Do you have any clue about the law in this matter?

And what does it matter what the parents stand to gain or not? That's not an issue, and it's not their prerogative.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-schiavo_x.htm
                      you qouted a 1 mil offer dear not a ten mil
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• He was offered 1 mill

not 10 mill

get your numbers straight

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

she sort of switched off and was dead within a week.
                          Yeah, we've had people in the family who've done that - kind of turned their face to the wall and died.

My Great Aunt did it - she realised everyone she ever knew of her own generation was dead - she was lonely and wanted to be with them - and she believed she was burden on people - untrue but she thought that.

So she just just willed herself to die, and did. She was 89.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• How much is in the settlement?

Comment

• Hmmm... I guess it's been shown again that those wanting to reinsert the feeding tube have no idea of the facts here.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• and to add if this is true why wasnt the cali biz guys name mentioned

Comment

Working...
                                X