Noteworthy deaths in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop this!
    I face any easy monster, so I try out my unidentified wand to see what it does. Apparently a blessed wand of digging. ...and it seems to have opened a path into a distant shop.

...then "you hear a distant zap, you hear a distant zap".
    Oops, I think that might be the shop-keeper gotta go.

Attached is what happened next. I'll let you guess the rest.
    Attached Files
    "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
    "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
    - Pekka

Comment

• This thing is kind of related, i want to know if it is possible to die in progress quest? That would be really funny... Anyone know?

If you dont have this already, its a must download!

Comment

• How about this one, from Nethack as always?
        My Hit points fall to 1 so I "hear the wailing of the bansee", then I think that is a great quote for the game quotes thread, so I try to mark the text to copy and paste it into this forum. A slight fumble with the mouse, sends some unintended movement commands into the game and my character walks into further trouble and is killed.
        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
        - Pekka

Comment

• This is a Magic: the Gathering death that was just experienced by my good friend Marc.

He's a nice guy, but he has this predilection for massive combination decks. Fortunately, he was recently convinced to put away his copy of Stasis and use combos involving creatures.

Anyway, I'm red / black / blue (a deck I like to call "You Die Now"), and he's going all five colors, drawing heavily on the Invasion saga. He casts an artifact creature called Tek. Now this guy is nasty because he gets more powerful if you control more types of basic land. Of course, Marc has managed to draw and play several dual lands (lands that count as two separate land types, for non-Magic aficionados), and as a result Tek is 4/4, flying, first strike, and possibly some other stuff that I can't remember.

Predictably, this isn't enough for Marc. He enchants Tek with Quicksilver Dagger and uses the damage-dealing ability to kill all my creatures. He enchants Tek with Serra's Embrace, Giant Strength, Blue Scarab, (there are three Howling Mines (cards that let you draw extra cards, for non-Magic aficionados) in play, which is why he got so many things so fast) just about anything you can imagine. Tek is now something like 22/22, and I have no creatures left, only a swamp, a mountain, and an island for land, and no cards in hand. I need a miracle to make it out of this fight in one piece.

I get it.

Beginning of my turn. I draw four cards - and begin to laugh, because I can win the game with only two of them.

I tap the island and cast Creature Bond (basically, if the creature dies it deals damage equal to its toughness (the second number in the "fractions" above, for non-Magic aficionados) to its controller) on Tek.

I tap the mountain and the swamp and cast Terminate on Tek (it does what it sounds like it does, non-Magic aficionados).

Game over.

Marc saw the funny side of it . . . a few days later.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Your lucky that was a good post - what with all the other thread revivals happening currently.
            I bet he couldn't believe his bad luck at losing from that position of complete dominance.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• He went absolutely nuts. He flung some of his cards at me, and then fell off his chair. I just couldn't stop laughing.

It was complete blind luck on my part - a situation like that comes about once in a million years. I guess it was just Marc's fate that it came to him.

Your lucky that was a good post - what with all the other thread revivals happening currently.
              I posted in one of those!
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Another one from Deus Ex:

I saw these two terrorists and they couldn't see me. So I had a brilliant idea: throw a gas grenade at them and when they start to choke I just have to pot-shot them at will. Apparently I was so excited when I threw the grenade that I went toward the guys and started to choke too, until another terrorist came and shot me down.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• I had another Magic death that I could not stop laughing over in a tournament.

I played with a Blue white Counterpost deck against a cycling engine.

The key to the cycling engine was to play an artifact allowing each player to cycle cards for free. What cycling does is allow the player to discard that card, and draw another. Since every card, including the lands in his deck have cycling, he would draw a card, and run through his entire deck in one or two turns. It's a pretty cool combination.

The only problem was that I had a massive number of counterspells in my deck. Every time he played the cycling engine, I would counter the engine, and prevent him from running through his deck. Finally, in our third, and last game, I tapped out to cast Arcane Laboratory, preventing players from casting more than one spell per turn. My opponent tried to take advantage of this opening by casting the cycling engine. He quickly proceeded to draw his entire deck, discarding every card he did not need from his hand, searching for Haunting Miseries.

Haunting Miseries deals damage equivalent to the number of creatures in your graveyard to target player. After running through his deck, he had easily twenty creatures in his deck.

Just to make sure he had enough, he ran down to the last card, emptying his entire deck.

After cycling, he tries to cast Haunting Miseries to kill me outright. I point out that he has already cast a spell this turn, the cycling engine. He will have to wait until next turn to cast Haunting Miseries.

On my next turn, I draw a card, laughing, because my opponent has to draw a card before he can cast Haunting Miseries. Since he had discarded his entire deck, he has no more cards left to draw.

I didn't win the tournament, but I still play with arcane laboratory.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X