No announcement yet.

Noteworthy deaths in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe Reminds me of the time I had a vesuvan doppleganger in my hand. My opponent cast underworld dreams, then he cast wheel of fortune of the added pain.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

All the Destruction-deaths in a game called "One Must Fall - 2097"

Pieces of huge robots flying everywhere. KA-POW!
      -Ooh, I vaguely remember that game.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

I remember the first time I got hit with the Pit fatality in Mortal Kombat. The spikes were very sharp and rusty-looking. The later Pit fatalities weren't as good, unfortunately.

The Squirrel Beast is good against discard decks. "I'll teach you to make me throw out my hand!" Fortunately, a remedy is still widely available in the form of another of my little friends, who goes by the name of Annihilate.
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Mortal Kombat was a bit too shocking and graphic for a public arcade game, IMO. Not something to feed the kids that were playing it relentlessly at the time.
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

I agree that the arcade version probably wasn't appropriate for its targeted age group. They toned down most of the violence and removed all of the blood for the Super NES version.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Hmm... other notable death:

Dark Age of Camelot. Level 1 character wandering about in Darkness Falls (big dungeon, monsters level 15+).

I walk around, trying to get ever deeper, looking around. Then I end up in a room with Naburite Drinkers (My level 45 friend doesn't fight one of those alone), I made a run for it, but I got hit for something like 369(-463) damage. I had oh about 20 hit points. (The -463 represents armor being strong against a certain damage type. Usually if you are same level as the monster it's something like 10% at most, but it increases like the damage as the difference in levels goes up.)
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Dark Age of Camelot
                Good Game?
                Bad Game?

edit: never mind I dont like online rpgs

Comment

edit: never mind I dont like online rpgs
                  -You suck Where else am I supposed to get a steady stream of newbies from if not Apolyton.
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

What kind of crap is this?
                    Looks like new version of Nethack means new way of dying!

2 31124 Jack-Val-Hum-Fem-Neu turned to stone in The Dungeons
                    of Doom on level 7 [max 10]. Petrified by a
                    cockatrice egg. 81 [101]
                    - Pekka

Comment

• I don't eat eggs anymore.
                      - Pekka

Comment

• Comment

• early today I was playing WW2OL, and was helping an assault on Juniville. I was driving an R-35 ((otherwise known as angry hamster of doom, death trap, furnis, and pretty much any other name you can think of that implies weakness)) into town when an 88 hat spotted me ((88s are also known as REALLY FRICKIN' HUGE ASS GUN that can kill ANY tank out there.)) I decided that I would just give up already and kamikazi so I changed directions and started heading right for it. It must have hit me head on about 12 times before I got close enough to open up on it with my main gun ((much to my surprise, as the R-35 usually dies with 1 shot)). So I opened fire and before I could get a good shot off I died, low and behold the deathcam revealed 4 ei sappers!

note to none WW2OL players, you dont understand why this is noteworthy so

Comment

• Actually I do eat unidentified eggs, but only when I'm about to die of hunger anyway.

Fortunately none of these rules apply in my RL.
                            - Pekka

Comment

• Red Baron II...I accidentally dropped a bomb while still on the ground...Ouch...
                              Empire growing,
                              Pleasures flowing,
                              Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

• Morrowind, I tried to fight a god. Bad idea. I had a spell that did about 200 to 300 points of damage, so I'm thinking "Hey hey, hit that pesky god with this spell and I'm good to go!" So I cast my uber spell at the god, and his hit point meter hardly drops. He then starts casting some wicked powerful spells at me--my spell points are pretty depleted from casting my uber death spell, but after absorbing one of the god's spells my spell point meter is back at full. Before I can cast another spell (and make room to absorb more of the god's spells), I'm hit by another spell and find that I'm silenced (can't cast spells) and paralyzed (can't move either). Well, the battle didn't last much longer after that...
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X