Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this forum ever recover from 9/11 and Iraq?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry 'bout that, Matty. I'm in a pissy mood today and poor Axi and his comments just rubbed the wrong way... especially when he denied that he made them.

Anyway, I try to stay out of the political threads because, well, I get mad. Hope you don't ignore me forever (especially if you like science fiction novels ).

Comment

• In answer to the question of the thread title, no.
      The USA won't ever be the same, so Britain won't be the same, and so on; until one can say the World, including ACS O.T. , won't be the same.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
        Were it not for goodnatured posters with some wit like AH and a select group I wouldn't even bother to check out OT at all.
        Unfortunately Cap you get called a troll for being good natured and not "on the team USA" bandwagon these days.

I think its probably because they know they will win the war and lose the peace.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Not you, JohnT.
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by curtsibling

AHow by letting him live in Iraq?

Please do not forget who started this invasion.

B"He alleged", not 100% truth, in other words.

Beware of the propaganda. It works both ways.

CWe are just as much scoundrels as any other nation on earth...

A) Damn straight. Coalition forces invaded Iraq to oust Hussein, after he refused to abdicate, and while we let France and Co. piss on our shoes.

B) Propaganda? In what regard? You're saying there were no jailed children? Sorry, don't agree with you.

C) You sheltered little thing. I wish we were as much a scoundral, but can you imagine the cries of ourage, if we played by the same rules as Hussein?

Why do you think he uses civilians to hide behind?
            Easy. It isn't the training of Americans to kill civilians as a general course of warfare.

Americans, and Brits (but not as much as Canadians ) piss me off purple.
            The one's tha sit around whining "poor, poor, pitiful me", and you haven't a frigging clue.
            You'd best start being happy that the U.S. and Britain have leaders with nads, and more defenders of freedom than protestors.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Unfortunately Cap you get called a troll for being good natured and not "on the team USA" bandwagon these days.

I'm a pacifist and no one calls me a troll.

Sometimes a spade is a spade, eh?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Its seems to me there are now 3 refugee reception camps from this forum:

Counterglow (for the spammers)

CGN (for the liberals)

and FFZ (for the hard core right)
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Counterglow is too dark.

Comment

• For the visually challenged.

Comment

• Ok, for the visually impaired it's too dark. No need for these.

Comment

• Her Imperial Majesty the Queen of England, Elizabeth II, Cthulhus Gratia Regina!

Cthulhu eat the Monarch's enemies!
                        Cthulhu consume their flesh!
                        Cthulhu save the Monarch!

P.S. If Cthulhu is a fourth declension noun, the singular Genitivus ending is -us.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• This forum has become a boring flame fest.

"Hey, you wacko commie Saddam-lover!"
                          "What, you blind right-wing fascist Bush-lover?"

Meanwhile, in the large room where I work, I'm starting to pray that I have to actually do some work. So sad.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• I fell in love with the OT short ago, mostly because of the war in Iraq and the French-bashing.

I'm studying sociology, and this place is absolutely great to understand how people think, and is especially useful to fathom the American collective identity. I think I have understood the Yanks better than anyone else among my friends because of the OT, even though I know the limits of it (people come for fun, most people are well-educated).

The OT remains a place of cultural exchange IMHO, where the Greeks often talk about their country, where we can read Russian from time to time, where the Yanks flood us with their concerns, where the Finns develop their worldwide domination etc.

I don't think the war in Iraq or Sept. 11 made it any different. Those are merely new issues to spam about.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Excellent analysis, spiffor.

Before I found Apolyton OT, I was doing a lot of commie-bashing at the forum of domestic Swedish Aftonbladet. Just imagine the forum activity after the Gothenburg EU summit 2001, where the riot-commies mooned at GW Bush, thrashed the city centre, injured 100's of policemen by throwing rocks and one moron got shot while doing it. Was those events discussed at Apolyton OT at all?

The Aftonbladet forum was closed after some nazis posted flames that the moderators missed to remove, and the responsible person at Aftonbladet was fined about 2000 Euros by a court. The Aftonbladet forum is now reborn, but I think it makes more sense to discuss world events with people from all over the world, doesn't it?
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                                Excellent analysis, spiffor.

Before I found Apolyton OT, I was doing a lot of commie-bashing at the forum of domestic Swedish Aftonbladet. Just imagine the forum activity after the Gothenburg EU summit 2001, where the riot-commies mooned at GW Bush, thrashed the city centre, injured 100's of policemen by throwing rocks and one moron got shot while doing it. Was those events discussed at Apolyton OT at all?
                                Post some threads about Swedish politics

Comment

Working...
                                X